Chronic Osteomyelitis with antibiotic resistant pseudomonas bone infection in foot, docs can’t help.

Jen.Jen

Type of diabetes
HCP
Hi my husband and I live in
Kingman AZ. USA. Been together about 15 years. Last December of 2017 he had a couple wounds on his left foot I tried for over a month to heal. He lost his right leg back in late 60s and right hand.
I took him to see his doctor and he immediately put him in our local hospital KRMC. On IV antibiotics, they found a blood clot , removed, put in stent and debred tiny wound. Said foot wasn’t getting enough blood. Sent home, stents failed developed gain green and a Pseudomonas bone infection . A different doc put in new stents removed dead tissue and sent home with a wound vac and Ciprofloxacin 3 times a day. The skin is almost all healed except for a tiny hole on top that goes to bone that still has infection. He was cut off from wound care and antibiotics about 3 months ago. Since then I’ve tried other doctors and they don’t want anything to do with it. Our hospital said to come back when you’re ready to have it cut off... can’t they just remove the infected bone? It’s so tiny we can’t even see it on a three way bone scan. Please help, nobody will care to help us here with any referrals or other options.
Thanks
Jen