clickstar insulin pen broke

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My pens just broke not delivering any insulin the plunger in the top doesn't appear to be plunging so no insulin is coming out. Have rang the out of hours doctors as not quite sure what to do. Waiting for them to ring me back. It's only 9 weeks old so shouldn't have broke this early.

It's made me think do we have to buy spares or what if it broke when we go on holiday, typical it's a Sunday it happens.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You should always keep spare insulin pens for times like this, there's no need to buy them and your gp will prescribe them for you.

Hope you get sorted soon Bev.

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ta noblehead, still waiting for ooh docs to ring back. I'll certainly ask for 1 or 2 extra I'll ring chemist tomorrow as well.

Never thought they'd break.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Ta noblehead, still waiting for ooh docs to ring back. I'll certainly ask for 1 or 2 extra I'll ring chemist tomorrow as well.

Never thought they'd break.

They don't break very often in fairness, probably only had 3 pens at the most that have gone faulty, and even then it's because I've kept them for too long.

Had a lantus Solostar jam last week for no apparent reason which I had to throw away, but they are disposable pens anyway so they are not very sturdy.

Any problems getting a spare pen just ask your DSN for one (assuming your under the care of the hospital clinic).

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got back, ooh docs gave prescription and the chemist linked to them had one in stock luckily. I'll ring sanofi tomorrow see what they say and if can get spare one off them. Otherwise will ask the dn for a spare, I've only had this for 9/10 weeks so should last longer. You live and learn.