Clonazepam , Anyone else on this turbo charger ?

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
After regular visit to Pain Consultant
A few things have changed with dose increases ect

New medication added to my ever growing list: Clonazepam
Told this will Enhance the effect of my :
Amitriptyline
Gabapentin
Morphine
and help with spasms

Anyone else taking Clonazepam ???? good bad :?: any personal experience ?

Had a good gander in the BNF61 :mrgreen:

Bob

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
If thats you doing stunts with your wheelchair
its definately good for you :lol:
JF. :lol: :lol:

paula1974

Ive been on clonazepam for years. Its a very good drug and have had no problems with it.
However, trying to come off it is VERY difficult. I was on 0.5mg 4 times a day. Reduced it by 0.5mg and the effects were awful. Lots and LOTS of vomiting, incredible shakes (couldnt hold a drink) and ended up not being able to walk. I felt like I was dying. I went back on the full dose and was fine within a day. I then reduced by a 1/4 of a 0.5mg tablet and am doing fine. I reduce again on friday so will see what happens.
So, while you're on it, everythings fine but be careful if you come off it!
As for enhancing other drugs, I was told nothing.
Paula

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Thanks for your info

I was told this may be difficult to come off this drug ,,
believe i will be on this long term if it works

starting next week I will see if it really helps to increase the pain control
and dampen down the spasms

Bob

Ive been on clonazepam for years. Its a very good drug and have had no problems with it.
However, trying to come off it is VERY difficult. I was on 0.5mg 4 times a day. Reduced it by 0.5mg and the effects were awful. Lots and LOTS of vomiting, incredible shakes (couldnt hold a drink) and ended up not being able to walk. I felt like I was dying. I went back on the full dose and was fine within a day. I then reduced by a 1/4 of a 0.5mg tablet and am doing fine. I reduce again on friday so will see what happens.
So, while you're on it, everythings fine but be careful if you come off it!
As for enhancing other drugs, I was told nothing.
Paula
Hi Paula, I'm currently trying to come off the drug as I don't want to be dependent on it anymore. How is your taper going? Do you have any tips for someone who's going through the same thing and VERY scared?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Hi Paula, I'm currently trying to come off the drug as I don't want to be dependent on it anymore. How is your taper going? Do you have any tips for someone who's going through the same thing and VERY scared?

Paula was last on the forum over 5 years ago, so is unlikely to answer, I'm afraid.

However, welcome to the forum.

Montrealer

Been on it for 9 years......but I only take it when needed as a sleep aid in the Summer........I get up at 3:30 in the morning due to having be on my job at a golf course at 4:30.......and going to sleep when the sun is shinning is tough