Coconut water

sjhume

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Stocked up with Vita coco natural coconut water but not sure i should drink too much at a time - 5g sugar per 100ml! Is that bad?

sjhume

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
serious!!!!!! i'm 50 and want to last a few more years lol

mine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thats the problem with you guys there. indian hinduism regards coconut contains the purest of water as it is never touch by air until it was opened. hence the holy water best suited for the elders.

coconuts contain the best electrolyse in nature therefore best to retain in body hence is the best sports drinks. in TCM,the coconut has a cooling effect bad for digestive systems if taken in large quantities. TCM do not recommend anything to be taken in large quantities.

in tropical countries, due to the weather people would drink more coconut water to retain body fluid. never sure of how much sugar contains in coconut water (fresh). but taken in moderation is suppose to be good as a sport drinks.

sjhume

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well i'll carry on drinking a glass a day until my supply runs out and see how i feel. Tastes great but i've already got CKD so dont want to risk any more damage!

sweetisha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well i'll carry on drinking a glass a day until my supply runs out and see how i feel. Tastes great but i've already got CKD so dont want to risk any more damage!

You could add half a glas to a juice with dark greens and or advocado , cucumber, celery etc or a smoothie with fruit and veg.. its good alot of recipés out there.. i drink a glas sometimes when its very hot in summertime..very refreshing..
I dont know about everyday a glas but in the tropics they drink alot, i guess it would be wise to read the additives.. try to get as pure as possible.. Tisha

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

I drink a small glass some days ..good for me after exercise .....there is a complete no sugar one ...it can be found ...often in Asian shops and tesco ...you can buy it in a can as well .....

DrVenu

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
Ah...' Used as senicide in India?!' o_O you people are cruel no, it's not. But, tender coconut water is rich in potassium. So please be aware of that when you have CKD!

BlueGreen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It's still basically nothing more than an over-priced scam, any way you look at it. The potassium may be marginally helpful if you've just exercised, but other than that? A moderately unpleasant tasting liquid, usually sweetened to make it taste less terrible, I don't see the point.

Of more interest from a diabetic's perceptive is the meat and the oil. I've seen some hard to quantify claims about coconut oil having a positive impact on blood sugar. While coconut meat is a yummy fibrous food you can eat a little of, without heavily hitting your numbers. So long as you don't go overboard, of course.