Coconut water

vxrich

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Just wondering if anyone drinks Celebes Coconut Water or any recommendations on any other brands? Cheers

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not that one, used to drink Zico coconut water but can't find it now. Tried Vita Coco and it said 100% natural but had added sugar. Coconut water is supposedly a good natural source of electrolytes but I don't want added sugar with that. :(

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
I found one with no added sugar in the fridge section of Asda. Not where the milk is. Can't remember the brand off hand.

dipakotak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Coconut water without sugar added could be the 'innocent' brand. A friend mentioned it at the weekend.

Ranau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Think Coconut Oil is a better bet. Pure, no presivatives or additives. I can get it her in Borneo but not seen it in the UK. Probably because it goes solid at low temperatures but still edible

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's easy to find coconut oil in the UK now, pretty much all the supermarkets sell it, at an exorbitant price. Desiccated coconut and coconut chips are easy to find, too. I buy organic coconut vinegar and organic coconut amino garlic sauce, imported from USA as well.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

ftt1960

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not a lot
I bought the innocent one from Asda today, no added sugar. I use it in my lunchtime smoothies.

Reactions: 2 people

superwoman1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's easy to find coconut oil in the UK now, pretty much all the supermarkets sell it, at an exorbitant price. Desiccated coconut and coconut chips are easy to find, too. I buy organic coconut vinegar and organic coconut amino garlic sauce, imported from USA as well.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

If you can get into a Costco they do coconut oil. Just bought 2 x 1.2 kg tubs for £19.79

af683022543192cd3648ab0131d9d62a.jpg

Reactions: 4 people