Code 3

celast

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone used the code three meter ? I do as the strips are quite low priced, where can I find the best meter to get ?

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The best meters are down to some what personal preference and what features you want out of the meter.

I use 2 different suppliers meters the main meter is the Bayer contour next usb, its small, has a good colour display, rechargeable battery that's either charged via the PC usb port or a separate mains charger. It has a good range of features with flags that you can mark meals, settable upper and lower limits as warning indicators. The computer software is free and easy to use and simple effective reports.

The second meter I use is the Accu Chek mobile a great all in one meter, ideal when out and about when driving. The fastclix lancet has got to be one of the best around, it also has a cartridge that contains 6 lancets. The meter uses a 50 test cassette and no strips to dispose of, just the cassette at the end of the 50 tests. The display is nice and clear again with customable high low limits. If you want to use the full software rather than what's inbuilt into the meter, then you have to but it.

The one problem with the like of the main suppliers is the cost of the strips.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Md.rose

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also have a Code Free meter, bought it when my old Doctor retired and I had to change to a new one that implemented the NICE guidelines for type 2 diabetics. I now get one test strip a week!
So as the test strips for the Code Free meter is low compared to the other meters on the market I bought one..
The ISO standard for the accuracy of Blood Glucose Meters is:-
Within ± 0.83 mmol/L of laboratory results at concentrations of under 4.2 mmol/L
Within ± 20% of laboratory results at concentrations of 4.2 mmol/L or more.
I have found the Code Free very consistent in results compared to the one touch ultra that I have been using (still do one day a week)
The only issue with the code free is the finger pricier whose spring catch stopped working consistently after 2 months.
The meter itself is very good and works on a smaller blood sample compared to my other meter. So very pleased with the code free

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App