Coke Zero Cinema Advert

Daz

Has anyone else seen this new advert? The one where people order normal full sugar coke and then told in the film that they are actually drinking coke zero !!! This has really got on my nerves as being type 1, I sometimes order normal coke if my sugar level is low to stop me having a hypo, and for someone to swap this for sugar free would cause real problems as I'd be the one sat, sweating my **** off, at the front having a hypo !!!
This is a really bad way for an advert to prove a point don't you think ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Daz said:
Has anyone else seen this new advert? The one where people order normal full sugar coke and then told in the film that they are actually drinking coke zero !!! This has really got on my nerves as being type 1, I sometimes order normal coke if my sugar level is low to stop me having a hypo, and for someone to swap this for sugar free would cause real problems as I'd be the one sat, sweating my **** off, at the front having a hypo !!!
This is a really bad way for an advert to prove a point don't you think ?

I see your point Daz, however I think the manufacturers are trying to emphasize that there's little difference in the taste between full sugar Coke and Coke Zero which can only be a good thing if it changes peoples drinking habits, I too have drank full sugar before when low but I always buy the drink from a can or bottle where it's clearly marked.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Daz,
I'd be the one fully publicising the effects on my body of the company's flagrant disregard for the content of their pumps, and ensurig that the tw*t of a manager who thought up the stunt is queing for his/her P45!

I've seen the ad too. I didn't even think of that. I do agree With you but I agree with Noblehead too. I can however taste the difference between them both (not that that's the point) but can you guys tell the difference ????

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I think it is just an advert and probably never really happened anyway, just a set piece to flog a product.

And the best advice for diabetics is still not to buy sugar free fizzy drinks from this type of machine.

If you only ever buy drinks in cans or bottles that you can clearly read the label on you avoid the problem altogether.

Any diabetic who trusts a cinema to dispense the correct drink is a very trusting diabetic indeed and the same goes for pubs and restaurants. If its not in a can or bottle dont drink it....

GlazedDoughnuts

Madeofwaxcarly said:
I've seen the ad too. I didn't even think of that. I do agree With you but I agree with Noblehead too. I can however taste the difference between them both (not that that's the point) but can you guys tell the difference ????

This! Sugar free anything never tastes the same as sugared stuff, at least for me anyway!
With that said Coke from taps rarely tastes like the coke out of a can/bottle/2l bottle & etc.

OP raises a good point, I bolus up for my carbs, this could easily end in tears...

Scardoc

I think my reaction to this advert was "you're job is to give me what I ask for mate, you want to give me life changing health advice then get back to school and become a Doctor!". I work away during the week, sometimes I lack human company.

Then the Go Compare advert came on and it was carnage!

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Typical false advertising. Taste nothing alike. (unless loads of ice -then everything tastes the same!) A friend of mine LOVES coke but would die of dehydration before drinking diet coke or coke zero!
Go Compare - Like nails on a blackboard AAAARRGH!!!!!

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It tastes like tights dipped beef stock.
And its got artificial sweetners in it which send you loopy.
I mean look at me. Living proof and mad as a badger.

carandol

Type of diabetes
Type 2

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You think so? Last week Thermobear had cheese from a Horse.