Cold Achy Feet

Funky Mum

I seem to have an almost constant dull ache in my toes and the first half of my feet and they are soooo cold. Do I need this checking or is it just 'normal'?

anniep

Any issues with your feet are worth checking out as it is so important to keep them in the best condition that you can.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, I am just the same with my tootsies, have regular chiropodist n podiatry appointments was told its blocked pathways n poor blood flow to the extremeties [also got neuropathy ] diabetes damage when BS are high as mine are! Take preglabalin n cocodamol for this to relieve the pain n discomfort plus bathe n cream my feet n try n keep them warm too. As a diabetic have feet checked n eyes checked . Any help? Anna.x :)

Funky Mum

Yes thanks Anna! I sat with my feet in my foot spa last night which was lovely. Has a bubble and a vibrating setting, then put two lots of socks on :lol:
Did some reading and it all sounds pretty scary...will be ringing the nurse today.
Thanks Annie :D

Eiche

Dislikes
Not being able to satisfy my craving for chocolate LOL
My doc prescribed Duloxatine for my feet, which were sometimes so painful, I couldn't bring myself to walk on them. He said it may take up to a month to work, but it worked from the first capsule I took! The difference is amazing! It's best taken before bed, as it makes you very drowsy, but I wouldn't swap it for no money in the world! :D

louiseb

Funky Mum said:
Yes thanks Anna! I sat with my feet in my foot spa last night which was lovely. Has a bubble and a vibrating setting, then put two lots of socks on :lol:
Did some reading and it all sounds pretty scary...will be ringing the nurse today.
Thanks Annie :D

funky mum I was going to buy a foot spa a few months back but them I read on the back of the box they are not suitable for diabetics, im not sure why but will be asking at my next diabetic clinic appointment.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hiya, always ask to have appt for the foot clinic if you have any pain or skin breaks in your toots or lower legs. Foot spa ARE unsuitable for us diabetics due to the sharp prongs on the plactic mould that you rest your feet onto with the massage/vibrate functions they perform... they can cause a break in the skin n if gets infected leads to ulcers leads to possible long term foot problems of the serious kind! also when feet are soaked in warm water skin gets much softer n far easier to allow a break in the skin. Safest way simple washing up bowl to use n soak feet this style n way. Pop your own choice of bubbles in , have a brew with a magazine n relax whilst soaking the toots.Anna.x :D

Funky Mum

Ooh didn't know that! Thanks for the info. What a bummer :( Will have to use it very carefully and not rest my feet.

huggybear

cold feet been my problem for years and now having type 2 diabetes don't help.
my doctor says it due too bad circulation, but I have seemed to have cured on one foot,
it's been amputated, but the other is still cold. socks don't help or extra blankets,
so what can one do, hot water bottle or overbed electric blanket.
and yes, it does ache all the time, dull kinda ache, with shooting pains all the way up the leg,
seem to be for no reason, start shaking the legs.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Reactions: Peadair O Brionn

Boo boo

IHave cold feet,have had them for years. Started a couple of years ago with pain in my feet and legs,couldn't move very well and couldn't have anything touching them, the doc gave me something for it and said it was restless leg syndrome it seemed to work but latley the pain seems to be returning. I also take pregablin for my fibro and cfs, taking so much meds you would think i would be pain free or as high as a kite :D my mum used to say cold hands and feet warm heartxxx