Coming off Byduran

magicaldebs

Hi Folks
I have been taking Byduran and Metformun x4 a day for around 2years.
I've lost a lot of weight and changed my lifestyle completely and my blood sugars were too low. I came off the Metformin but then had to also come off the Byduran. I've now been off all Diabetic medication for two months. My BS have been within the normal range during that time 4.5-5.5.

The past couple of days my BS have suddenly spiked. I had leg cramps this evening I know that I only get these when my BS is high, it was 13.3, higher than its been for a couple of years. However I have a head cold at the moment.

My question is: Could the sudden spike be completely related to the head cold or is it a delayed reaction to stopping the Byduran? My GP said that we do not know what the effects of coming off Byduran will be because most people do not come off it. Has anybody wise come off Byduran and can offer any advice please?
Thank you
Debs

C

catherinecherub

I would think your raised blood sugars are related to your cold.
I will bump the post up to see if anyone can help with the Byruden aspect.

magicaldebs

Thank you for your reply, I hope you are right. I'm not sure how many folk are on Byduran, I can never find information about it. It was very good for my Diabetes and stabilised it so that I felt well enough to change my diet and lifestyle.
Debs

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm on LCHF diet and metformin
ask Dr, I think you are better with your Low carb diet for the time you have your cold, the time it takes for drugs to have an effect, you should be better and your BG back to pre-cold levels

If when you are better and you are at your lowest carbs you can happily live with and your BG is still too high, I would talk to your Dr about metformin as a first choice

http://www.bydureon.com/