"Compliments of the Season" or How do we get through this?

John J

Hi all,

I've been doing very well but now we're coming up to the Chistmas and New Year period which I've always thought was a "scunner" (Scottish word) at the best of times. If it were only two days, it wouldn't be so bad but it stretches for weeks. :(

Now, of course, I intend to be good but the chances are that I probably will eat a little more than normal and have a drink or two. That's not my main fear though... I'm more worried that I'll get "a taste" for forbidden foods, eating more, and exercising less(Gyms and swimming pools will be closed for two or three days).

I will still try to be really strict though and avoid the obvious things eg chocolate, sweet cakes and so on...I used to love Marzipan stollen but that's a definite "No, no" this year. However, I don't intend to deprive myself of a Christmas Dinner as such and I'll have a dram or two at New Year. :wink:

Hopefully, I'll get away with either delaying my continued weight loss for a couple of weeks..Ideal scenario... or, at worst, putting on 3 or 4 pounds which I could probably lose very quickly in January.
Hopefully, I'll get below 13 stone within the next fortnight. So, that wouldn't be too disastrous.

It's up to me, of course, but it would be interesting to hear how some of you have tackled this problem in the past and if you have any general advice. Personally, I'm quite optimistic as I feel I've already trained myself quite well over the last few months. Fingers crossed. :)

Rushy

It's all down to us really John.
The festive season is just one of those things you have to learn to deal with.
What with Hogmanay right on the tail end of Christmas it's an even more tricky time up there! Plenty of first footing should work off a few of those pounds I should think. It's a test of your metal to venture into wind and rain coming down near horizontal but well worth the effort when I was last in Aberdeen!

Happy St Andrews day by the way. :D

sugar2

If I feel like "being naughty" (diabetes wise anyway :evil: ) I log onto the site here...it always reminds me that it isn't just me!

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
I wish xmas and new year were my only worries - my birthday's in January, so for me the new year hasn't started till my birthday is out of the way!