Computer Genius “was utterly stunned” by Ketosis appetite

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Steve Gibson is a remarkable computer expert and seemingly all-round good bloke too. I have visited his website https://www.grc.com/default.htm many times over the years to test PC firewall effectiveness etc with ShieldsUP! and for his other free software.

Under his https://www.grc.com/health/lowcarb-resources.htm page he writes “I unwittingly stumbled into ketosis as a side effect of my interest in understanding and following a diet devoid of post-agriculture grain-based or starchy foods.”

He also reviews four relevant books and alongside “The Rosedale Diet” – Turn off your hunger switch. Live longer, Lose weight fast, And keep it off. by Ron Rosedale, MD & Carol Colman, he writes:

“During the first of our podcasts, I mentioned that I was utterly stunned when my appetite disappeared overnight, and my sense of satiety when eating completely changed. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I was essentially “unhungry” throughout the day. I even kept toying with skipping meals when I was too busy. That had never happened before—in my life. (But I dared NOT skip any meals since I appeared to be losing body fat rather rapidly and I figured that I probably needed to keep feeding myself. This was all new and unexplored territory.) And when I ate, I became full almost immediately, so that I had to quickly learn to order less in restaurants. Halfway through my meal, I was done!”

I hope his pages are of help and interest...

Reactions: Freema

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat two meals a day and am always being asked why I don't bring packets of sandwiches and biscuits like the others - I just don't need or want to eat during the day. It is always the same when I am eating low carb - and I am always told that I need to eat. No I really don't.

Reactions: pdmjoker

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks for the replies. All helpful...