Confessions

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
What would you confess to that is off your personal diabetic limits? Nothing X-rated please.

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Dad gave me a guava tree and despite my intentions to only grow things I can eat, I planted it. This spring it has produced fruit and my spaniel didn't find it!. So each day this week I have been eating a fruit off the tree, skin and all.
There is a cherry guava that should produce fruit soon but I have my eye on the mulberry tree and the banana passion fruit vine that is dangling it's unripe fruit provocatively. Any fruit is my greatest temptation.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Cadbury's Flakes and Lindor Balls mmmmmm.....

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Red wine. As someone once said, an open bottle is an empty bottle. I can't do it in moderation, so the only solution is not to do it at all. But I frequently lapse! :roll: :oops:

No more after this weekend until after my next HbA1c which is just before my birthday! :p Three completely alcohol-free weeks - not going to be easy! :lol:

Viv 8)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Yes, I agree with Viv about red wine. I have a glass with every meal but I consider it is good for me as it actually reduces BG levels so it's not really a sin - only for the weight. It's full of good stuff too. I don't think I could do 3 alcohol-free weeks :shock: Very good planning to have your HbA1c before your birthday - imagine if it was after..... :?

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
This answer is easy one! creme caramels and creme brulees. Plus cadburys creme eggs! :lol:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
OOOOHHHHH!!! Creme brulees!!!!!! Yum.....When I have 2 choc cream eclairs I disguise them on my log book as 4 ryvitas!!!!!!!.......not often I must add...but I don't actually write in that I have them..........as one I could, but I can't eat one...when 2 come in a pack.
Neither can I save one for hubby later...I have to eat both when I have them....only once every 4-6 weeks but...just can't write down choc cream eclairs......

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
.just can't write down choc cream eclairs......
You need to come to France, on one course the Dieititian provided choc eclairs (filled with choc creme patisserie not cream and I suppose quite small, they were 15g carb each ) before we went on a long walk. :D I drink red wine, but they even gave that to me whilst in hospital :lol:

I don't really have any food confessions as I don't put anything off limits (just not too much or too often)
Perhaps, there's just one that I feel any real 'guilt' about. I'll have a 3 piece kentucky fried chicken and chips when I go back to the UK.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Oh, Phoenix! can I come to France for my back op? Red wine on the ward . . . mmm!

As for Yorkshire puddings - cook some really good sausages in the pan, then pour in the batter and have hot, crispy Toad-in-the-Hole. Lock the door while it's cooking so you don't have to share it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haven't had a home-made Yorkshire for ages! Ever tried them with treacle? :oops:

Viv 8)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I have to confess that I had a dirty big fry-up in Whitby last week, haven't had one in ages and thoroughly enjoyed it, not sure I could eat one everyday though as my stomach suffered later in the day.

On Thursday I walked from Whitby to Robin Hoods Bay, not had anything to eat since breakfast so decided to have a late dinner/early tea of fish and chips, again enjoyed it but not something I could eat everyday although I had excellent bg readings afterwards probably due to the walk back.

Back to healthy eating this week! :D

Nigel

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
Leonidas chocolates - the best handmade Belgian chocolate you can buy. But I steadfastly walk past the shops. Most of the time, that is.

ClaireG 06

I'm going away for a few days tomorrow and the place that i'm staying in puts home made cake and chocolates in the room. I'm intending having some of both :oops:

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Go for it, Claire! You deserve it :D . Have a great holiday!

Viv 8)