Confused about results

Sandy D

Recently had a glucose tolerent test at gp. Came back that I wasn't diabetic . But having still bad symptoms and feeling quite ill. I have still done a blood pick test in a morning and when I feel really bad. I have headaches, dizziness, nausea, stomach pains, pains in legs, blurred vision and pain and pressure in my eyes, yeast spots, and had weals recently. I can cope with some of the symptoms together but I suffer real bad with tiredness to. My blood tests in a morning are 4.2 to 4.6 I eat breakfast but by time I start work a hour later I am feeling dizzy and sick with a bad headache.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
GTT says you're not diabetic 4.2 -4.6 are not diabetic fasting Bgs. You are not well, but it's something else. Pester your GP until you get a diagnosis

Trinkwasser

hanadr said:
GTT says you're not diabetic 4.2 -4.6 are not diabetic fasting Bgs. You are not well, but it's something else. Pester your GP until you get a diagnosis

Ah but they didn't say it wasn't prediabetes, impaired glucose tolerance or reactive hypoglycemia did they? I'd suggest some postprandial tests, 1/2 hour, 1, 2 and 3 hours after eating.

Technically I still "wasn't diabetic" because I only hit 10.7 not 11.1 on the GTT. This is what REALLY PISSES ME OFF about doctors who refuse to give you the actual numbers. Fortunately mine did, unlike the previous incompetents, in retrospect I'm sure they knew what the hell was occurring and decided not to tell me until I'd actually gone over the threshold.

I agree she really needs a workup for other conditions too, but if she had one would they tell her that either? <sigh>