Confused as to high bs

florrieboo48

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
New to all this but very confused. I tested my bs which was 6.4 at 2.30 before I went to the hairdressers, spent two hours chatting and had a cup of tea, back at 5 tested and it was 7.3. Why? My hair and nails looked good though

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
New to all this but very confused. I tested my bs which was 6.4 at 2.30 before I went to the hairdressers, spent two hours chatting and had a cup of tea, back at 5 tested and it was 7.3. Why? My hair and nails looked good though
Your blood may have still been climbing when you took the first test (you did not say how long since last meal) AND for many of us exercise can raise one's levels by at least +1mml

florrieboo48

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tested after two hours of eating lunch which was cottage cheese full fat, sliced Beetrot, 2 rashers of bacon and some flax seeds sprinkled. I have been doing lchf diet for about two weeks now and lost four pounds, I am 9st 3lbs. Am type two, have 1000 metformin daily. So it's just a glucose dump. Thanks for the video and other stuff to look at. My next big push is with exercise.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tested after two hours of eating lunch which was cottage cheese full fat, sliced Beetrot, 2 rashers of bacon and some flax seeds sprinkled. I have been doing lchf diet for about two weeks now and lost four pounds, I am 9st 3lbs. Am type two, have 1000 metformin daily. So it's just a glucose dump. Thanks for the video and other stuff to look at. My next big push is with exercise.
they say 3 x 30min walks a week is about all you need, I think low carb, to get rid of insulin resistance is 80% of T2 treatment.