confused

Babsuk

Hi
I wondered if you might be able to help me with some advice :D :D

Over the last couple of weeks I have experienced symptoms of having a mild hypo at work. They took a random BM and found my BM was 3.2. I had eaten before work and the time was only 8am

This happened three more times and my BM's were between 3.2 and 3.6; i had a fasting blood test which came back 4.5

Yesterday i had a really bad attack; i began to shake really bad; they took my BM which read 3.2 i was floppy with very high blood pressure and tachycardia - they took me to A&E where they did my BM again and it was 3.6 after drinking coffee with sugar and biscuits plus they also gave my some hypo stop to drink after half an hour my BM were still only 3.6? after an hour they took the BM again and it was 7
All my blood test all came back normal; and the doctor advised that I see a diabetic Nurse to monitor my BM's over a space of time.

These attacks only seem to happen at work and when i'm working an early shift (7am - 14.30pm)

I have been ringing my GP today but they can't fit me in to see her and they don't have any appointment to see the nurse for three weeks!

Do you think I have the starts of Diabetes?
I have lost three stone in a year- have changed my whole lifestyle and diet and pace walk most days; do you think my lifestyle has kicked started something off?

any advice would be great right now as i'm very confused

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Babsuk,

Sorry to hear about your problems.

I'm not a Doctor, but it doesn't sound like diabetes to me...

Diabetics have a problem with high blood glucose levels, not those that are too low.

All T1 diabetics (and some T2) take insulin to control their blood sugar levels, and getting the dose wrong can cause their BG levels to get too low, but it wouldn't happen without medication. Some T2 drugs that promote natural insulin production can have the same effect.

Stephen

Grazer

Agreee totally with Borofergie. My daughter used to get your symptoms with low Blood sugar, causing shaking, irregular heart beat etc. Used to make her weepy too. No reason was ever found, and now it seems to have gone away! I know that doesn't help much, but at least you're not alone! And you won't have diabetes!
Good luck