confused

dippydeedi

Dislikes
Bad manors, exercising, not being able to eat what i want, being skint, getting up.
Iam confused. My levels have gone wonky. I have had fairly good levels 5.8 6.9 that sort of thing but these last few days my levels have been 8.5 7.8. i've stuck to my usual low carb diet so i can't see what i'm doing wrong.

My friend, also T2 says i should be able to eat most things and the medicaion should take care of the blood sugar levels and yes she does and her levels are normal. I i ate what she ate i'd be in the teens!

Do i need different tablets? i'm on metformin 3 times a day and do 20 mins cardio vascular exercise a day. :(

I eat;
Low carb toast x2
crackerbread x2
ham
cheese
applex1
satsumax1
nuts handful
mushrooms, pepper, onion and chicken cooked in saesame seed oil.

I'm on the go all day and still get these high levels. Fed up :( :( :(

lilibet

Hi
Am not type 2 so cant comment on the Met particularly. Your diet doesnt look too bad to me so only things I can think that raise bg-

Stress, cold weather,hormones, illness, (coming down with something but not 'arrived' yet).

Sometimes blips just happen but might be time for med review?

L

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Dippy,

As Lilibet says, there are so many things that can affect your BS levels other than food. And what you have described doesn't look capable of creating that big a raise. I would give it a bit longer and see if things settle back down again. Incidentally are your metformin tabs the 500mg ones or the 850mg? The maximum recommended dose of metformin is 2500mg so if they are the 850mg then you are on the maximum dose.

Trinkwasser

Sometimes my numbers go up for no apparent reason and this usually turns out to be a precursor to some infection, often minor. Often the BG goes south before the actual symptoms start.

dippydeedi

Dislikes
Bad manors, exercising, not being able to eat what i want, being skint, getting up.
Well it just goes to show. My levels have been perfect these last 2 days! What is that saying, "never work with animals and children" and diabetics. Been working out too, I'v inpressed myself. It's amazing to see the numbers come down, this afternoon my bs was 6.8 so 20 mins on the stepper and it went down to 5.4 :)

Dee ( Happy today!) :p