1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Confusion within NHS Over The Treatment of Tyoe 2

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Aphorism, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Hello and welcome to the forum. Please stick with us, it would be a shame to miss out on the wealth of knowledge and experience that members can offer here.

It seems you have a choice, sit down with your GP and tell him of your misgivings about this drug. A reasonable Doctor will listen and discuss any points you may raise. Failing this you can refuse his/her advice and see a different GP in the practice if another is available. No one can compel you to take a drug that you would rather not take.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

It seems to me if a person is somewhat paranoid or overly concerned with confidentiality then one place they should stay away from is the Internet.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

I agree

#43 Boo1979, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:48 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
  4. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

and especially a public forum..........:)

@Aphorism I think there was just a few misunderstanding on all side, can we all start again without any bitterness and with a view of trying to help each other, and also that that someone else is just trying to help us.

5. Aphorism

Aphorism Type 2 · Active Member

Thank you very much for your time; yes, there must be masses of experience and knowledge here; I am sure my future experience will be very positive and helpful. As many know, until you speak to folk with the same illness, you can feel isolated.
    Best wishes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Aphorism

Of course, well said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Aphorism

If any online forum that is subjectively anonymous, and that anonymity is what many require, then there is absolutely no reason to think that keeping certain details confidential is anything but reasonable. However, a misunderstanding caused by wrongly worded phrases, can be sorted, rather than inflamed or enlarged upon. Enough said, I think.

8. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Guys - Keep this civil on all sides. Several posts will be deleted as a result of bickering. Please be aware that continuing this behaviour could lead to warnings and thread bans, or worse.

• Like Like x 1
  9. maisiepug

maisiepug Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well I really don't know what to say, I can't say I really understand everything that was said and a lot of it totally confused me especially what Aphorism was trying to get across to us, perhaps it is just me to-day but I would hope that he/she could start again for my benefit at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sorry @maisiepug I had to laugh, the OP is a 'he' - for obvious reasons :nailbiting:

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. catapillar

catapillar Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how you took my question:
    As a demand to identify anyone. I was simply trying to get more context on when/where the mysterious allusions to new ways of managing blood sugar we're referenced. As mentioned in your post that I quoted:

I thought a better idea of the context in which this was discussed might lead to better guesses. It was quite cryptic, at least to me any way and for all I knew it could have been your mad friend (everyone's got one) telling you you can monitor your blood sugar by waving a crystal over your belly. I can now see, having been back to reread your first post, that you had said

Sorry that didn't get picked up on and connected. But you had been asked several times in the intervening posts whether it was hba1c and not responded to those questions. Hba1c measurements changed from DCCT (%) to IFCC (mmol/mol) in 2011, so not by any stretch of the imagination a new way of monitoring. There's a conversion page between the two here- https://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-units-converter.html

12. Tophat1900

Tophat1900 Type 3c · Well-Known Member

Seems the op had miss-interpreted caterpillers questions on page 1 and become defensive, from there it went down hill. The communication just wasn't clear. I'm not even sure the questions got answered?

I think a fresh start would be a good idea.

#52 Tophat1900, Mar 12, 2018 at 11:54 AM
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  13. Aphorism

?

14. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Because you mentioned you’d had a circumcision.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

It is an illusion to believe there is anonymity on the Internet even on the dark web you can be traced if some one with the required skills and recourses wishes to do so. I tend to live my life as an open book these days as to all intents and purposes that's what it is now.

Unless you are prepared to abandon all technology that is. This is not an attempt to deride or patronize it is intended just to inform

• Like Like x 1
  16. britishpub

britishpub Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Forums are such funny places :bag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

There was a question about who supplied the information - the OP took it to mean wanting to know the name of the person, and went off at a tangent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Aphorism

Could you please stop this now please.

Edited by a Mod

#58 Aphorism, Mar 12, 2018 at 3:39 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
  19. Aphorism

I, politely, do not need your opinion on this issue; the misunderstand was where it appeared that someone was demanding the identity of someone. This has been resolved and the offending posts removed. And no, it is very dangerous to convey too much specific information in today's internet, so being an open book is not a good idea, security wise.

20. Alison Campbell

Alison Campbell Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook