Consensus opinion on best pump currently available?

RichardFromHampshire

I have looked at the Animas, Medtronic Paradigm and Accu-chek Combo pumps but I am finding it difficult to make a choice between them. It seems to me that the Animas is probably bottom of my list as it doesn't provide any CGM facility (I realise I have to fund this aspect of the device myself), but I have also read that the Medtronic may not be available due to an imminent update? Which one would you go for in my position?

Thanks

Richard

Alzibiff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Richard,
Difficult to answer for me as I only have experience of one pump and that is the Medtronics Paradigm 522..... which is fine and dandy - does everything it says it does and has inbuilt functions for the use of the Medtronics CGM system. I believe that the Paradigm VEO is being reworked at the moment in view of some minor issues with the operating software but I cannot believe that they are simply not available.

The Medtronics pumps can upload data via a USB link device to a secure Medtronics server enabling you to review all settings, delivery figures, graphs and BG readings (if you input these when using the Bolus wizard - which can be done wirelessly from the Bayer Contour Link meter which was supplied with my pump).

Hope this helps,

Alan