Constant occlusions - really frightened and don't know what to do

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
. Today I am doing another change and again using the new batch. Will be interesting to see if this is also ok. Animas are adamant that being left on a doorstep in scorching heat wouldn't damage them but I'm not convinced.
So how do you think the heat affected the cannulas?

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So how do you think the heat affected the cannulas?

On the day in question it was record breaking hot. When I have undone the sets the needle cover is almost totally stuck on to the needle and they don't sound quite right when pulled back. I told Animas all of this. I always order some pink sets and some grey sets so if a batch is faulty I have a different batch to test. However both pink and grey sets from this delivery are the same when I try to use them. I just wonder if the heat melted/warped something in them.

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Another set from the new batch working perfectly with no occlusions. Animas have just delivered my new pump - do I tell them I really don't think it's the pump?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Another set from the new batch working perfectly with no occlusions. Animas have just delivered my new pump - do I tell them I really don't think it's the pump?
Entirely up to you. Do you have to return the old one?

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Entirely up to you. Do you have to return the old one?

Yes and they have logged it as faulty. Have no idea what happens to these pumps but as I'm sure it isn't faulty I don't want to waste a new pump. However not sure if they can hand my latest one out to someone else as I've had it (although not opened it).

Also don't fancy waiting another 60 minutes or more to get through to Animas!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
They have to covee their business and can't go on your thoughts that it isn't the pump... Send it back as requested..

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
New pump Animas sent is actually several years old so have called them today, explained pump working fine since stopped using the "heated sets" and that I want to keep current pump and return latest one. Person I spoke to said it does sound like a dodgy batch of sets and they are going to call me back with an answer.

Reactions: azure