Control solution

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
I have an Abbott Freestyle Freedom Lite BG monitor. I tested twice within a minute of each test. Both readings were different.
No control solution was included in the box when I bought the BG monitor a few weeks ago. I have ordered control solution on line from Abbott.
I am just wondering how accurate monitors are :?:
Does control solution give an accurate reading? Does using it tell you that the monitor is reading BG correctly?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Nothing in the home testing line is 100% accurate and each strip can vary within a permitted range from the same drop of blood. All the testing solution will show is the the meter is or is not performing withing the limits given by the manufacturer.
Unless your readings were out by a full number as against 0.something, then I expect your readings were as accurate as can be expected.

Somewhere within the forum you will find a topic where meter accuracy is given and if my memory is right, they can be + or - as much as 40% and therefore only really indicate a reading as a guidance.

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
Hobs said:
Somewhere within the forum you will find a topic where meter accuracy is given and if my memory is right, they can be + or - as much as 40% and therefore only really indicate a reading as a guidance.
Thanks, good job I don't depend on it being accurate then.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Having just re read my post, it reads as though meters can be out by 40% each way, when the actual figure is 20% swing which can show a total vary of 40% being 20% each way from a known reference point ....sorry for any confusion I generated....its all shown in ISO 15197