Cooking For One

george895

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a single person and love cooking but get overwhelmed with having to work out how much ingredients for one meal. Can't someone produce a cook book for single people?

George

tomvonc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anyone who asks a question about diabetes without thinking what they're asking.
I'm a single person and love cooking but get overwhelmed with having to work out how much ingredients for one meal. Can't someone produce a cook book for single people?

George
Here here! I'm fed up of the pitiful looks of sympathy from checkout staff whenever I buy Loner Meals, need to cook more. :-(

janewatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As a single person, I agree. Most of these books don't relate to trying to keep carbs down.

I find easiest thing is to make given quantities and then immediately freeze extra portions. If I don't do it straight away, I may have seconds!

Such home-made ready meals are also great for my laziness!

Good luck!
Jane.

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
@george895 ...Cook and freeze is what I do. It's easier and saves time and money....you'll then have meals in the freezer for those days when you CBA or are too busy to cook. ;)

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes that's what I would too, make extra and refrigerate or freeze them to eat at a later date :)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely cook and freeze the extra - there are two of us and that what we do too.

Ropbbity

Reactions: 2 people