Cost

martina

Hello, I was just wondering how much the Dexcom cgm is to buy. I always thought they were very expensive but when I spoke to our nurse she said that you can get a libre for around £150. I did ring about them and was told about the waiting list, but I'm now wondering if we are talking about the same thing as this seems quite cheap for what it does, our nurse didn't know much about them but I thought someone on here might.

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I was just wondering how much the Dexcom cgm is to buy. I always thought they were very expensive but when I spoke to our nurse she said that you can get a libre for around £150. I did ring about them and was told about the waiting list, but I'm now wondering if we are talking about the same thing as this seems quite cheap for what it does, our nurse didn't know much about them but I thought someone on here might.

Hi @martina

There are several threads on the forum for Freestyle Libre below is the one I know of that seems to have been going a while now, you should be able to get some good advice from people actually using it. Hope this helps

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/freestyle-libre-on-sale.65900/page-167#post-893582

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Libre isn't a CGM anyway but good for what it does do.
Dexcom if you ring Advanced Therapeutics they will give you the pricing for all the gear needed.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

Hi Martina, take a look here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/cgm-fgm-price-comparison.75106/