Could be interesting...

M

Member496333

Promising. Hopefully either this or something similar makes it to market before long. Accuracy is paramount though.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
June 24, 2001 (Philadelphia) -- Day in, day out, millions of diabetics prick their finger and squeeze a tiny drop of blood on a strip of paper to measure their blood sugar levels. It's part of the hassle of managing this chronic disease -- a real pain that soon may be a thing of the past if the latest research pans out.

The first bloodless monitoring device for people with diabetes may be available as early as 2004, says David C. Klonoff, PhD, medical director the Dorothy L. and James E. Frank Diabetes Research Institute at Mills Health Center in San Mateo, Calif. It will work by casting an invisible light on either the skin or eye and measuring the interaction of the light with glucose. From there a computerized meter calculates glucose levels.

https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/news/20010624/measuring-blood-sugar-eyes-have#1

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Indeed and we have seen promising news reports many times before as @britishpub notes..

Also
Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 12.44.50.png

I wonder how they tested the "incredible" accuracy to 6.93% ?

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder how they tested the "incredible" accuracy to 6.93% ?

I notice they say "predict" rather than "measure"

Anything that is easy and cost effective to use must be a great idea, especially if it can at worst replicate the results a finger prick test achieves.

Something better will be a bonus.