1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

COVID-19 Out-Patient Treatment

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Winnie53, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Winnie53

Winnie53 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've been learning everything I can about COVID-19 since March. A co-worker introduced me to Dr. Vladimir Zelenko's protocol in late March. At first I thought she was talking about Professor Didier Raoult's work in France. I was wrong.

Tonight, this interview showed up in my YouTube feed...

It's an interview with Dr. Zelenko in Monsey, New York on July 2, 2020. In it, he describes his medical practice evaluating 2,200 patients with COVID-19 symptoms. Of those, he treated 800 that he believed were at high risk due to being age 60 or older, having one of the medical conditions that put COVID-19 patients at higher risk, or having shortness of breath. Of the 800 treated, on an outpatient basis with his protocol, only 2 died, far less than the current 5% death rate.

I listened to the interview then began reading the comments. One commenter posted this summary...

A few highlights of this great interview:

at 12:05: "[this treatment is] very elegant, very simple, and very cheap. It costs $20 for the whole treatment"

at 12:40: the low cost is significant globally, because it is affordable in India and other less-developed countries, whereas newer pharmaceuticals (costing $1000s) would not be.

at 14:25: in 800 patients with verified COVID-19 infection treated with this drug combination, expected mortality would be about 5% or 40 patients; in Zelenko's 800 there were two deaths. TWO.

at 21:50: "if there is a drug that a pharmaceutical company is going to sell for $3200 to a patient in the hospital, but they're not going to sell it if the patient is at home and healthy, it is not good for the bottom line of that company"

at 24:00: two recent negative trials used 2,400 mgs of HCA
    [hydroxychloroquine] daily, a gross overdose. Zelenko uses 400 mgs/day. [according to Dr. Zelenko's twitter page - ( https://twitter.com/zev_dr?lang=en ) - he uses 200 mg hydroxychloroquine twice a day] [This is typical of studies "designed to fail", though in this case, designed to run into some kind of trouble -- perhaps heart problems, or whatever -- because dosed too high.] Zelenko says that 2,400 mgs/day is appropriate dose for a "very fat elephant".

at 26:25: Zeleko says he personally uses HCA/Zinc because of other health issues, and for protection of his patients. He says that "most of the smart doctors I know take it because they don't want to get sick, and because it is so safe" (referring apparently to HCA/zinc combo).

at 32:50: Zeleko says he is working with Honduras, and a portion of Brazil; they have adopted his protocol, resulting in a "drastic dropoff in mortality" immediately after implementation. Also Turkey and Iran, and a city in Ukraine, using HCA/etc. as prophylaxis.

at 36:50: "People are not dying from COVID-19. They're dying because of politics. Death by politics".

at 43:35: "my personal opinion is that anyone who got in the way of access to care, who got in the way of access to patients having [this] medication, committed crimes against humanity and are guilty of mass murder"

This is the first time I've heard anything from Dr. Zelenko since March. There's links to other interviews he did yesterday on his Twitter page. It seems he just published a paper. It's shown in the video but I haven't chased it down yet. If what he's saying, and what Professor Didier Raoult is saying about hydroxychloroquine and zinc is true, I find this troubling that it's not being reported in mainstream media in the US and elsewhere.

2. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Here is a rather more balanced appraisal....
    https://www.bbc.com/news/51980731

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Winnie53

That was an interesting read bulkbiker. Thank you. As I read the article to my husband, I'm unsure as to whether they were using zinc too. Do you know?

I'm hoping we're going to see more countries, hospitals, and doctors talking about this. The question is...will the mainstream media report or suppress this information?

5. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Not sure although the two often seem to be linked together.

6. Winnie53

Thanks for the link Mr_Pot. A good read too but they're leaving important information out. I encourage everyone to monitor for info on use of hydroxychloroquine and zinc within 5 days of COVID-19 symptom onset.

7. Winnie53

Thanks bulkbiker. Yes, they do work together.

What Dr. Zelenko explains in the video - (posted above) - is that the hydroxychloroquine is needed to get the zinc sulfate into the cells. It's the zinc that somehow interferes with the replication of the virus. He said protocols that do not include zinc instead use higher doses of hydroxychlorine. He also states that if hydroxychloroquine is not available, it's believed, not known, no data yet, that quercetin may work to get zinc into the cells - (he's not the only doctor stating this). But he doesn't state at what dosage. In addition to the hydoxychloroquine and zinc sulfate, he uses Acithromycin to head off secondary infections. All that said, for this protocol to work, it needs to be started within 5 days of the onset of COVID-19 symptoms.

Here's another article that a medical professional in my husband's investors group shared this morning...

https://www.theepochtimes.com/hydro...vid-19-death-rate-us-study-finds_3410208.html

Excerpt from the article...

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, which supports hydroxychloroquine and compiled a list of studies suggesting it is effective, said the authorization only applied to doses donated to the Strategic National Stockpile. Because hydroxychloroquine was approved decades ago for use against malaria, it can be prescribed off-label by doctors for other ailments.
    And CNN, not just the BBC, is also pushing back on the findings of the study... https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/health/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-detroit-study/index.html

I find it interesting that the cost of Dr. Zelenko's protocol is affordable for most, with or without insurance, and is used on an outpatient basis, while the drug Remdesivir costs thousands of dollars... "Gilead Sciences Inc. detailed its pricing plans for Covid-19 drug remdesivir, saying it will charge U.S. hospitals $3,120 for a typical patient." https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-drug-remdesivir-to-cost-3-120-for-typical-patient-11593428402

Zelenko Protocol

1. Identify patients with a high risk of dying.
    2. Treat them within 5 days of first symptoms.
    3. Use a triple drug therapy:
    Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) 200 mg twice a day for five days
    Zinc sulfate 220 mg twice a day for five days
    Azithromycin 500 mg once a day for five days
    [Edited to add]: Dr. Zelenko says if HCQ unavailable, can use 500 mg quercetin twice a day in it's place.
    It's believed that quercetin could work if hydroxycholoroquine is not available, but there's no data yet, so not known.

#7 Winnie53, Jul 3, 2020 at 7:08 PM
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  8. Winnie53

Dr. Zelenko was interviewed by Dr. Drew (Pinsky) during the first half hour of the show, "Dose of Dr. Drew Discusses Covid-19 with Dr. Vladimir Zelenko."

Use and dosing of quercetin, if hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is unavailable, was discussed: quercetin 500 mg twice a day. I've added this information to the "Zelenko Protocol" in the above post.

9. Winnie53

And I found the pre-print of the paper Dr. Zelenko co-wrote...

From his twitter page, @zev_dr or https://twitter.com/zev_dr?lang=en

The study using my data is finally available to read online. Key takeaways: Identify high risk patients. Treat early. Zinc + low dose Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin. I saw 5x less death when patients were prescribed these drugs. https://preprints.org/manuscript/202007.0025/v1… #ZelenkoProtocol
    The goal is to treat COVID-19 symptoms early so hospitalization isn't necessary.

And here's to more pre-prints on HCQ...

HCQ reduces mortality by >50% (Henry Ford): https://ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext…
    HCQ+AZ w/ 0.5% mortality rate (Raoult) : https://sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1477893920302817

10. Winnie53

Am still reading about Dr. Zelenko's "Zinc + low dose Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) + Azithromycin" protocol that's most effective if used within 5 days of symptom onset.

Outpatient Study Finds that Combination of Zinc, Hydroxychloroquine, and Azithromycin Is Associated with Less Hospitalizations and Death for COVID-19 Patients

Here's a link that will take you to both the press release and pre-print of the outpatient study that's been approved but not yet peer reviewed... https://www.thezelenkoprotocol.com/

For those who survey posts and ignore the links, here's an excerpt from the press release written by Dr. Zelenko's two co-authors...

“What differentiates this study is that patients were diagnosed very early with COVID-19 in an outpatient setting and treated early on,” said Derwand. “Unfortunately, we seem to have forgotten common medical knowledge - that we want to treat any patient with an infectious disease as soon as possible. Zelenko treated his risk stratified patients immediately with the three drugs to ensure sufficient efficacy and didn’t wait for the disease to further develop.”

“It’s unfortunate that much of the media coverage surrounding hydroxychloroquine has been negative,” Zelenko continued. “These three medications are affordable, available in pill form, and work in synergy against COVID-19. This regimen works, and it happens to be the only available pre-hospital treatment to show promise.”

“Hydroxychloroquine’s main function is to allow zinc to enter the cell, while zinc is a virus killer,” Zelenko added. “Azithromycin prevents secondary bacterial infection in the lungs, and reduces the risk of pulmonary complications. So zinc is the bullet, hydroxychloroquine is the gun, and azithromycin is the protective vest.”

“This is the first study with COVID-19 outpatients that shows how a simple-to-perform outpatient risk stratification allows for rapid treatment decisions shortly after onset of symptoms,” said Professor Scholz. “The well-tolerated 5-day triple therapy resulted in a significantly lower hospitalization rate and less fatalities with no reported cardiac side effects compared with relevant public reference data of untreated patients. The magnitude of the results can substantially elevate the relevance of early use, low dose hydroxychloroquine, especially in combination with zinc. This data can be used to inform ongoing pandemic response policies as well as future clinical trials.”

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Winnie53

And for those who are interested in learning the truth of what's happening right now in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, go to Tim Noakes' twitter account ( @ProfTimNoakes ) and start reading...
    https://twitter.com/ProfTimNoakes?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Malcolm Kendrick's blog post today was also of great interest to me - (we are being deceived about hydoxychloroquine)...
    Distorting science in the COVID pandemic
    https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2020/07/05/distorting-science-in-the-covid-pandemic/

And here's another article, this one from Australia (though I don't like it's tone)...
    https://www.spectator.com.au/2020/06/bring-on-britains-corona-clowns/

Here's an excerpt...

Depressingly, Recovery is not the only trial delivering dangerously elevated doses of HCQ to Covid patients. On May 29, the Indian Council of Medical Research wrote to the WHO warning it that the HCQ dosage in the international Solidarity trial — which happens to be the same dosage as the Recovery trial — was four times greater than the dose being used in India where they were achieving much better results with their low dosage which is similar to that of Raoult.

How convenient that the WHO should use ‘super toxic’ and ineffective doses of HCQ which it hadn’t wanted to include in the Solidarity trial even though in vitro studies had demonstrated its efficacity and it has been championed by China, South Korea and many other countries around the world. Why? Because the WHO has been working for years with Gilead Sciences trying to get the pharmaceutical company’s lacklustre drug Remdesivir to show efficacy at curing first Ebola, with poor results, and now Covid-19 where it has been unable to demonstrate that the drug reduces mortality in any statistically significant way.

Nobody knows this better than Horby who has been working on RDV trials all this year but perhaps he is not as disappointed as his paymaster; as Landray revealed, unprompted, to FranceSoir, Gilead pays scientists 20 to 50 times more to conduct a clinical trial than Horby and Landray were paid to conduct the Recovery trial. Nice work if you can get it. In addition, Horby is the executive director of the International Severe Acute Respiratory and Emerging Infection Consortium which received 4.5 million pounds for research into vaccines and he established the Epidemic Research Group which is promised up to 14 million pounds from AstraZeneca and Zuckerberg/Chan of Facebook fame for the development of a Covid-19 vaccine which is being trialled by Oxford University. AstraZeneca, as it happens, is interested in merging with Gilead Sciences, which, if it went through, would create the biggest Big Pharma ever.

Unsurprisingly, toxic drug doses and muddled medications haven’t deterred the US Food and Drug Administration from announcing this week that it is removing the emergency use authorisation for HCQ because of the results of the Recovery trial. It also claims that HCQ reduces the antiviral effectiveness of RDV, although how it determined that is anyone’s guess, as it has provided no evidence either of RDV’s antiviral efficacy or the loss of it. Meanwhile, perhaps to distract from their incompetence, so embarrassingly exposed in the HCQ arm of the Recovery trial, Horby and Landray have announced that dexamethasone, a low-cost steroid which is also being tested has reduced the mortality rate of Covid-19 patients on ventilators from a scandalous 41 per cent to a still appalling 32 per cent. Raoult has pointed out that in his hospital, of the 0.6 per cent who die, a mere 16 per cent were in ICU but who is listening? The Recovery trial is a page one story in France, thanks to Raoult, Perronne and FranceSoir. In Britain, where almost 42,000 people have died of Covid, the only thing randomised, controlled trials have achieved, is to blind people to the evidence that 40,000 of those deaths could have been avoided. It’s no joke; except for those laughing all the way to the bank.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Winnie53

Here's the article that Tim Noakes retweeted from Shawn Baker yesterday - (and the US and UK are two of the 15 countries listed)...

Mass-Tracking COVI-PASS Immunity Passports Slated to Roll Out in 15 Countries
    By Raul Diego
    Global Research, June 29, 2020
    MintPress News 26 June 2020
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/mass-...assports-slated-roll-out-15-countries/5717268
    I am struggling to understand how a pandemic that 95%+ of us are recoverying from can be used as a vehicle to erode away so many of our freedoms.

#12 Winnie53, Jul 5, 2020 at 11:44 PM
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  13. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

this is scarcely a reputable site, is it. Its a conspiracy site. Its all supposition and hints.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TriciaWs

TriciaWs Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

"while zinc is a virus killer"
    Yes but that is not the only thing in your cells it can kill so high doses of zinc, or taking anything that increases absorption for more moderate doses can be dangerous.
    Meanwhile for anyone who doubts the real risks of covid19 should try taking to their local registrar of deaths or the people who manage storage - my local council has been concerned about the number of bodies we have waiting for cremation/burial, this is still better than a few other areas where the UK funeral directors have rented cold storage trucks that are usually used to transport food.

disclaimer - I am a statistician with a degree in biology too.

15. Winnie53

@TriciaWs Zelenko's protocol uses only 220 mg zinc sulfate for 5 days. No one is recommending taking that amount daily for an extended period of time. I personally am taking a 15 mg zinc/copper supplement that's 15 mg zinc, 1 mg copper daily. I hope that addresses your concern.

Apologies if I gave you the impression that I am against following the current CDC recommendations. Just to be clear, I personally find COVID-19 terrifying, and am following all CDC recommendations: minimizing contact with others, social distancing, washing hands repeatedly throughout the day, and wearing a mask. At my job, my co-workers are all doing the same. At home, my husband and I are doing the same.

When I speak of loss of personal freedoms, I'm referring to mandatory vaccinations, being traced with my smart phone, being tattood with my vaccine record and/or ID2020, being chipped to make all financial transactions, and ultimately the elimination of currency. Some have already been rolled out in some countries. Are you familar with Dr. Vandana Shiva's activism and writings in India?

I am not against vaccines. I support voluntary, not forced, use of vaccines that have been proven to be safe.

I have spent a tremendous amount of time learning about COVID-19, how to protect myself by strengthening my immune system, and how to self-treat if I become infected. I don't have medical insurance so am being as prepared and as proactive as I can. Going to the hospital is not an option. It would bankrupt us.

@lucylocket61 I'm not familiar with the website or the journalist. I don't know. Perhaps you know? Here's their about page... https://www.mintpressnews.com/about-mint-press-news/ And here's their staff... https://www.mintpressnews.com/mintpress-staff/ The writer is on the staff but no bio is provided. And here's their Founder/Editor in chief... https://www.mintpressnews.com/author/mnarmuhawesh/ Good to see you on the forum. I hope you are well.

#15 Winnie53, Jul 6, 2020 at 3:50 AM
  16. Winnie53

@lucylocket61 I can't find the article I read last week, but here's another about the attorney who quit ID2020 - (unfortunately, it doesn't list the reasons she quit, the other article did)...

https://www.coindesk.com/resignation-at-identity-initiative-raises-doubts-about-immunity-passes

And then there's this... https://www.thenewhumanitarian.org/news/2020/04/15/id2020-coronavirus-vaccine-misinformation (I should also add here that The New Humanitarian lists The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as a supporter).

I don't understand why I or anyone else needs ID2020. Neither a positive COVID-19 test result or being vaccinated insures that I or anyone else cannot infect others with COVID-19.

#16 Winnie53, Jul 6, 2020 at 4:41 AM
  17. Winnie53

Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, the Jewish doctor who treated coronavirus patients using hydroxychloroquine and zinc, is undergoing surgery. Also releases new book on coronavirus treatment and launches new website called Internet Protocol
    https://techstartups.com/2020/07/22...book-coronavirus-treatment-launches-new-webs/

Please keep Dr. Zelenko in your prayers...

----------

Drbeen on YouTube interviewed Dr. Paul Marik, Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia, USA on the "MATH+ Hospital Treatment Protocol for COVID-19":

M - Intravenous Methylprednisolone
    A - High dose Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
    T - Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
    H - Full Dose Low Molecular Weight Heparin
    + - Zinc, Vitamin D, Famotidine, Magnesium, and Melatonin

Hospital mortality rate for COVID-19 is estimated at 24%, likely higher, in the advanced world. Their hospital mortality rate for COVID-19, on the day of this interview, was 6.1%. Included is a good discussion on melatonin too.

And here's links to the protocol (which they've been using and continuing to update since March)...

This protocol often changes. Please bookmark and share evms.edu/covidcare to find the most up-to-date version of the guidelines.
    Download the latest EVMS Critical Care COVID-19 Protocol developed by Dr. Paul Marik.
    Download the two-page Marik COVID-19 Protocol Summary based on the protocol above.

#17 Winnie53, Jul 27, 2020 at 2:06 AM
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  18. Winnie53

It's encouraging to learn that significant progress has been made in reducing the death rate of hospitalized COVID-19 patients. It's a much needed dose of hope. :)

Those in the UK may find this article of interest...

Why coronavirus deaths remain low in the US despite surge in new cases
    Advances in a number of treatments appears to have contained the death rate as records continue to be broken for new infections

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/17/coronavirus-deaths-stubbornly-low-us-new-cases-soar/ Or go here to download the July 17th article... https://covid19criticalcare.com/media/#1591264938884-2ac34dc2-0699

Excerpts from the article published in The Telegraph...

Dr Joseph Varon has never seen so many patients in his intensive care unit. Most of the beds are occupied by cases of Covid-19. But although his hospital in Houston, Texas, has found itself in the new epicentre of the US outbreak, he is not as worried as you might imagine. “Our ward is full of coronavirus patients, but we’ve had amazing success in treating them,” said Dr Varon, chief medical officer at United Memorial Medical Center. “Around 95 per cent of people who have come in here have walked out.”

----------

“We were seeing so many people in such a bad way, we thought we were failing because we didn’t know how to treat them,” Dr Samir Farhat, who runs the intensive care unit at New York Community Hospital, told the Telegraph back in April. “We kept experimenting to try to find something that worked.” Antivirals such as remdesivir and steroids such as dexamethasone have recently been discovered to reduce fatalities in the sickest patients. So have high dose Vitamin C and zinc treatments. Dr Varon and colleagues from five different hospitals across America have created a cocktail of commonly separately-used drugs they have called the “Math+ Protocol”.

----------

The combination of cortisone steroid, vitamins and anti-coagulants is helping them combat the two biggest dangers of the virus - inflammation and clotting - and it is having some staggering results. The Math+ Protocol even managed to help a 92-year-old Covid sufferer undergoing chemotherapy for colon cancer. “We learned so much in a few months,” Dr Varon, who has treated over 200 coronavirus patients, told The Telegraph. “We are constantly having to change and evolve as the virus does, but some things seem to be working well. "No-one needs to die from coronavirus any more," he said. Research published this week in medical journal Anaesthesia showed that the chances of survival for patients admitted to intensive care units have risen sharply as doctors have got better at treating Covid-19.

----------
    Here's Dr. Varon again, earlier, in mid-May. He's one of the ten doctors who make up the Frontline COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FCCCA). Eight of the doctors are located in the USA, the other two are located in Norway and States of Guernsey. From the Los Angeles Times...

This small Texas hospital is finding ways to save COVID-19 patients

----------

More information can be found on the Frontline COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FCCCA) website... https://covid19criticalcare.com/

#18 Winnie53, Jul 27, 2020 at 5:27 AM
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  19. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Part of the reason more people die in UK hospitals, compared to other countries, has been because they were much, much iller when they went in. Our hospitals were made to delay patients coming in until they were nearly dead. Ringing for an ambulance or help was strongly discouraged, and often help was refused until someone had severe breathing difficulty.

Hence the number of those who died at home or within days of hospital admission. It was, for some, too late for effective treatment. This is fact, documented in many news articles of the time.

I do not know if such delays in treatment are still policy, to prevent the NHS getting swamped.

20. Winnie53

@lucylocket61 this happened in New York City too. So sad... My hope is that the the Zelenko Protocol and MATH + Protocol can make a difference. :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook