1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Covid vaccine

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Dudette1, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Sparklebrightisright62

Sparklebrightisright62 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi to all,

How many off you had the second Pfizer jab as mine is in May not looking forward to This at all as second supposed to be worse I am considering not having it.

Sparklebright62.

2. Peter03

Peter03 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I am having my second phizer jab next week, I will let you know how I feel after it, although I suspect millions of people will have had their second phizer jab by next week if not already in the UK, I am in France so we are a bit behind the UK but catching up fast

• Like Like x 2
  3. kls5708

kls5708 Type 1 · Member

I was a wee bit ill after. Flu like symptoms the next day but only lasted 10hours or so. Absolutely fine now, this was about 3 weeks ago.

Blood sugars did increase but they always will if you are unwell just lots of checks, fluids and increase basal.

I’d say the benefits of getting it outweigh those of not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sophieg

Sophieg · Newbie

I had my second one on Monday I felt ill for 48 hours but fell ok now I have also had covid last year and that was worse. It was after having covid that my diabetes was diagnosed.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. kvetiny

kvetiny Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I had the vaccine back in January. Very sore arm for 2 days other than that I felt ok. It was the pfizer vaccine. 2nd jab due soon. Heard people are more symptomatic 2nd jab.

• Like Like x 1
  6. munkok

munkok Type 2 · Newbie

I did my second phizer jab yesterday. A little sore arm today and nothing else. I had only sore arm for a couple of days in my first one as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dudette1

Dudette1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

How have people been feeling after going for their second dose for those who have had it please. I felt fine with my first dose, son wasn’t very well for the first few hours but was fine after. We go for our second jab on Friday, the Astra Zeneca, all these blood clot stories are making me conflicted

8. Hopeful34

Hopeful34 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Had the AZ second dose Friday, and have been fine apart from low blood sugars which are ongoing, but am so glad to have had it. Far better than getting Covid.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Peter03

Peter03 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Had my second one a couble of weeks ago no real problems slightly high blood sugers not as bad as the first, I had the phizer jap but I know a lot of people who had the AZ jab with no problems

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dudette1

Dudette1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply guys..guess the benefits do out way the risks. Just my mind working overtime today.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Hopeful34

We all do that sometimes. Hope you feel a bit less anxious about having the second dose. Take care.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Andy_Warlow

Andy_Warlow Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Has anyone had the AZ second Jab.

I felt like ****, headache, aches and pains and was tired for a couple of days. After the first one. Just wondering what peoples experience after the second one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. UK T1

UK T1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi, yes I had my second one a few weeks ago and had absolutely no side effects. Also had a fairly bad set of side effects after the first one (most only for about 48hrs, increased insulin requirements for about a week). So far noticed nothing after my second vaccine, roughly 3 weeks ago so I doubt I'll have any now any more! From what I've read most seem not to react after the second dose, hope this is the case for you too.

• Like Like x 3
  14. macabee

macabee Type 2 · Active Member

I have had both my jabs now [Astra Zeneca] 1st time a bit of a sore arm, 2nd nothing! To my knowledge, there is no causal link yet established, between blood clots and the vaccines.
    As of 5th April 2021 The European Medicines Agency (EMA) confirmed that it has not found any causal link between blood clots and inoculation with the AstraZeneca (AZ) COVID-19 vaccine.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Hopeful34

See post 168

16. Carl40

Carl40 Other · Well-Known Member

Had both, second was about a month ago. All good, felt like i'd been punched in the arm when I had the second.. was incredibly sleepy that night. Suffering from vitamin D deficiency but could tell the difference. Other than that, no issues. Wouldn't worry about it at all.

Was Pfizer btw.

• Like Like x 2
  17. KennyA

KennyA Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I've had both AZ jabs. No reaction at all to the first. Felt a bit **** day after the second dose and also very cold. This all went away overnight.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Andy_Warlow

Andy_Warlow Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Cheers guys, that's good news.

I wasn't worried as such, but didn't want to feel like **** again.

But would rather feel like **** for a few days. Than Covid.

So this sounds positive.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I didn't have any reaction, not even a slightly sore arm, to the first or second AZ jab, my wife was the same with the Pfizer. I think we only hear from the few that do.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Empty cans make the most noise @Mr_Pot.

I had no problem with my first AZ needle either, including the same bgl readings as normal.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook