CoYo-tastic!

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, fellow low-carbers!

I've just been to Waitrose and found that they have CoYo on offer at the moment - 400g for £3.99. Now, I know this is still horrifically expensive, but it's not quite as painful as the normal price.

I know a bunch of you clever bods are working on your own home-made version, but in case you cave, thought you might like to know!

Enjoy! :hungry:

Reactions: 2 people

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's the most amazing coconut yogurt which has no added anything and is only 0.5g per 100g. It takes one coconut to make 100g of CoYo and it's really lovely, but hideously expensive!

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, yes, but don't get addicted - it'll cost you your house!

RobPL

Lol no chance of that. I live in the middle of nowhere. I don't even know where my nearest waitrose is hehe.

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yaay - I'm glad you like it! It's even more expensive in Tesco, isn't it? They also have a choc flavour but the carbs are way higher.

We've bought my Mother-in-law some as part of her Mother's Day present. Bit strange..? :p

RobPL

My local Tesco is only small so doesn't do the choc one, just natural and vanilla.
Do you know if the natural one is as nice as the vanilla?
Oh my mother would love it. She loves coconut.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yaay - I'm glad you like it! It's even more expensive in Tesco, isn't it? They also have a choc flavour but the carbs are way higher.

We've bought my Mother-in-law some as part of her Mother's Day present. Bit strange..? :p
Brilliant idea. My kids know not to buy me sweets or chocolates, but I will be leaving your post in a prominent place for them to get the idea, @Pink_Minx

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My local Tesco is only small so doesn't do the choc one, just natural and vanilla.
Do you know if the natural one is as nice as the vanilla?
Oh my mother would love it. She loves coconut.

Vanilla?! Your tiny Tesco beats my normal-sized Waitrose - I've not seen them and am determined to hunt them down. (Obviously in the interests of my fellow forum members who are in need of information rather than of my own greed! ;)). If you get there first, I'd love to know what you think.

Brilliant idea. My kids know not to buy me sweets or chocolates, but I will be leaving your post in a prominent place for them to get the idea, @Pink_Minx

Awesome! Glad to help! :D

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On second thoughts, my kids would probably just not notice. A bit like here.

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh the vanilla was lovely. It's the one I tried hehe.

I'm so excited - I found the vanilla one - woohoo! I'm going to exercise supreme control and wait until tonight to eat it. :hungry:

On second thoughts, my kids would probably just not notice. A bit like here.

OK, tell me where you live and I'll take your kids shopping! :D

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm so excited - I found the vanilla one - woohoo! I'm going to exercise supreme control and wait until tonight to eat it. :hungry:

OK, tell me where you live and I'll take your kids shopping! :D
Ah, thanks. I decided to cut out the middle man, and treated myself to a pot at Tesco just now.
Do you know that several members here have made our own? There is a thread or two somewhere. I had to stop making it because there were gallons of it in the fridge, and nobody else in the family eats it. (Not going to persuade them to try, because it is my treat). I could live onCoyo and nothing else. Could easily become my go to emotional binge food, so I am limiting it to one pot a month. Usually just a small pot, but not exclusively.

The vanilla or any other added flavour is an adulteration in my humble (sometimes) opinion.

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, thanks. I decided to cut out the middle man, and treated myself to a pot at Tesco just now.
Do you know that several members here have made our own? There is a thread or two somewhere. I had to stop making it because there were gallons of it in the fridge, and nobody else in the family eats it. (Not going to persuade them to try, because it is my treat). I could live onCoyo and nothing else. Could easily become my go to emotional binge food, so I am limiting it to one pot a month. Usually just a small pot, but not exclusively.

The vanilla or any other added flavour is an adulteration in my humble (sometimes) opinion.

Yes, I alluded to it at the beginning, but didn't want to hijack their thread. It didn't sound like they were finding it all that easy, so very well done on your gallons! Any tips?

I have a feeling I might agree about the vanilla flavour, but will report back once I'm informed! (Oh, the things we have to do in the name of research!)

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, have just tried the vanilla CoYo and I have to agree with @Pipp - the natural flavour is the best! The vanilla one is VERY thick in comparison.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I alluded to it at the beginning, but didn't want to hijack their thread. It didn't sound like they were finding it all that easy, so very well done on your gallons! Any tips?

I have a feeling I might agree about the vanilla flavour, but will report back once I'm informed! (Oh, the things we have to do in the name of research!)
The Coyo addicts among us would not see it as a highjack or intrusion. More of us is good. More ideas. (Sorry if I am highjacking here)

The most successful batch I made was this:

2 tins of coconut milk left in fridge overnight, scooped out the solid fat into jug with 1carton coconut cream. Warmed in micro wave to just above body temp. Added 1 warmed small pot of yeo valley yog, 4 tablespoons coconut milk powder, 1 tablespoon ground almonds, half teaspoon caster sugar. Whisked to get rid of lumps. Put into jars, in thermos bag with jar of warm water. Left overnight, gave jars a stir, then another 24 hours jars on sunny window ledge. Stir frequently. Then store in fridge.
Yum!