Creon 25000 thrice a day - still feeling my stomach to be empty!

deepikaneb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

It is my first post here in this forum! I am suffering from diabetes for the past 15 years after i injured by pancreas while playing as a kid. I was taking insulin twice a day. However since February 2016, i was feeling super weak and getting the feeling of empty stomach even after eating food, almost felt famished while eating. So went to the doctor, had a CT scan done in which it showed a stone of 14mm in pancreas and detected with exocrine insufficieny becuase of chronic pancreatitis. So started creon 25000 three times a day with every meal. On the other side, i am also getting done eswl and ercp for breaking the stone and extracting it. Will be going for the third session soon this month since the stone is still stuck inside. My last session of ercp and eswl was a month ago, i was feeling better for few days and now i am back with this feeling of empty stomach even after eating. this feeling really sucks! I have also reduced alcohol intake and quit smoking because it is dangerous in the state of chronic pancreatitis, thats what i have been told. Also increased my insulin injections from 2 to 4, i really don't know what to do!!!

Kindly help me how can i get rid of this empty stomach feeling, should i increase the dose of creon or this is temporary feeling becuase of stone? Doctors also created a path inside for bile to flow easily along with pancreatic enzymes since it was blocked initially due to stone in pancreas.

Waiting for responses!

deepikaneb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi..thanks..my doc just confirmed i have type 3c diabetes..u were right

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

It is my first post here in this forum! I am suffering from diabetes for the past 15 years after i injured by pancreas while playing as a kid. I was taking insulin twice a day. However since February 2016, i was feeling super weak and getting the feeling of empty stomach even after eating food, almost felt famished while eating. So went to the doctor, had a CT scan done in which it showed a stone of 14mm in pancreas and detected with exocrine insufficieny becuase of chronic pancreatitis. So started creon 25000 three times a day with every meal. On the other side, i am also getting done eswl and ercp for breaking the stone and extracting it. Will be going for the third session soon this month since the stone is still stuck inside. My last session of ercp and eswl was a month ago, i was feeling better for few days and now i am back with this feeling of empty stomach even after eating. this feeling really sucks! I have also reduced alcohol intake and quit smoking because it is dangerous in the state of chronic pancreatitis, thats what i have been told. Also increased my insulin injections from 2 to 4, i really don't know what to do!!!

Kindly help me how can i get rid of this empty stomach feeling, should i increase the dose of creon or this is temporary feeling becuase of stone? Doctors also created a path inside for bile to flow easily along with pancreatic enzymes since it was blocked initially due to stone in pancreas.

Waiting for responses!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been taking insulin since 1979 (Type 1) and after my son passed away my blood sugars went off the screen. One minute I was having a hypo, followed by a 20+ blood glucose. The Doctor referred me to a gastroenterologist and he did numerous tests and gastroscopy, etc. He put me on to Creon as I had exocrine insufficiency - 1 capsule for every 6g of fat in food. I also have to take Accrete tablets for calcium deficiency and 12-weekly vitamin B12 injections. I also get this empty stomach feeling even when I have just eaten. At the same time I was given Creon, etc, I also changed my insulin regime to basal/bolus (Novorapid and Levemir) from 2 injections a day up to 5. Last month after my Diabetic check-up I now have to take split doses of Levemir so now 6 injections a day. After 37 years of injections I am running out of places to jab myself. My sympathy is with you with all the eswl and ercp you are having to go through. As they say 'keep your pecker up'!

deepikaneb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks for sharing your story.. yesterday doc said that my diabetes is brittle, type 3c, thats why i feel empty. yesterday before dinner my sugar was 176 and imagine after taking insulin injection and eating food, it dropped to 75!! Even after 2 hours of eating, my sugar levels drop. Looks like my digestion is really slow even with creon and sometimes i get hypo even while eating food. quite tough to handle this situation!

They will be putting a shunt in my pancreas next week through ERCP to drain out the bad stuff from pancreas. He also mentioned i should improve in two years when pancreas will heal a little. i really think about getting transplant done for pancreas :) wish it was easy and effective!!!

All the best to you too, please take care of yourself.