cross and fed up

sallyj123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been walking and swimming and doing what I can to improve my T2, and now I have just got in from A&E with a calf and leg that is so swollen and painful I can hardly weight bear, after an MRI I have torn meniscus, they are saying probably surgery. I am so cross with myself I don't even know how I did it.

I can just see everything I have done unravelling and having to start all over again, I am so fed up!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@sallyj123 It is off putting when you are doing your best to improve your health with exercise, and it causes more problems. I have been increasing my daily walking from 10-15,000 steps a day to around 20,000. But today I've got a pain in the ball of my foot, and I think I may be getting plantar fasciitis again. I've had it before when I was walking around 25,000 steps a day. It is really painful and meant I couldn't walk much for months.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been walking and swimming and doing what I can to improve my T2, and now I have just got in from A&E with a calf and leg that is so swollen and painful I can hardly weight bear, after an MRI I have torn meniscus, they are saying probably surgery. I am so cross with myself I don't even know how I did it.

I can just see everything I have done unravelling and having to start all over again, I am so fed up!

What a shame, Sally. Hopefully the leg will settle quickly. But to reiterate the words of Dr Asseem Malhotra, "You can't outrun a bad diet".

I'm not suggesting your diet is in any way poor, but just saying to be pretty vigilant until your new level of available activity is established.

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very frustrating, Sally, but almost certainly fixable. If you need surgery, it will probably be keyhole to trim off torn bits of miniscus. Then physiotherapy and rehabilitation exercises at home. Ask physio about exercise that you can do in swimming pool, as deep water running or aqua jogging, wearing a foam float on your back, attached with a waist strap, can be very helpful in speeding up recovery.

Reactions: 2 people