Crumble for apple crumble.

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Hi everyone...I want to make apple crumble but I don't know what to use instead of flour...I have Almond flour and the apples...I would love to know how I can make my dessert now as its Sunday and I really really fancy a treat...Any one got a recipe to share,thank you...xox

Anie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I guess (never tried it thou) that you would just substitute the flour and use butter and sugar substitute. I can't help with quantities, I just guess!

K

Kat100

Apple and plum crumble I love making it in summer and winter....

I use stevia half and half or xylitiol .....as my sugar

A touch or stick of cinnamon

I use organic flour , but I am going to try using half almond flour next time I make a crumble .....

I only make a few a year ......and they freeze well....that way the crumble goes further and I use less...

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
So Kat,do you use butter,can I make it with just almond flour,or do I need another flour...xox

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

I have only made it with organic flour so far , I have only just bought the almond flour , sometimes I put a few oats in the crumble as well :)

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Well I have scots porridge oats,don't know if I can use them as I have not ate them since finding out I am diabetic,so I will try the oats with almond flour,where do you put the olive oil,in with the flour instead of butter.?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Rosemary I found this on Low carb recipes. Hope you find it useful:)

Plum/Apple/Rhubarb Crumble Cake Plum cake Ingredients:
100 g almond flour + 3 tablespoons ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
coconut milk / cream as needed
pinch of salt
sweetener
good pound plums/apples/rhubarb
for the crumb topping:
2 tbsp ghee
almond flour
sweetener
ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan assisted)
Beat 3 eggs until foamy - Mix in the almond flour and baking powder, stir in enough coconut milk or cream to give the dough a soft but still firm consistency; add a pinch of salt - sweeten to taste -
Line and grease the base of a springform pan (26cm) with baking parchment, grease the sides of the tin.
Press pastry into the tin.
Wash plums, remove stones and cut in halves, place plums on top of the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Topping:
Mix 2 tbsp ghee + almond flour + sweetener to resemble bread crumbs, sprinkle over the cake and bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
Cover with aluminum foil half way through baking time to prevent the crumble from burning.

Eat with cream/home made low carb custard/mascarpone custard
Makes 12 slices = 4,7g carbs per portion (with plums, will be lower if made with rhubarb)

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Thank you Robinredbreast,I have no ghee,what is ghee...xox

K

Kat100

Hi Rosemary I found this on Low carb recipes. Hope you find it useful:)

Plum/Apple/Rhubarb Crumble Cake Plum cake Ingredients:
100 g almond flour + 3 tablespoons ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
coconut milk / cream as needed
pinch of salt
sweetener
good pound plums/apples/rhubarb
for the crumb topping:
2 tbsp ghee
almond flour
sweetener
ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan assisted)
Beat 3 eggs until foamy - Mix in the almond flour and baking powder, stir in enough coconut milk or cream to give the dough a soft but still firm consistency; add a pinch of salt - sweeten to taste -
Line and grease the base of a springform pan (26cm) with baking parchment, grease the sides of the tin.
Press pastry into the tin.
Wash plums, remove stones and cut in halves, place plums on top of the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Topping:
Mix 2 tbsp ghee + almond flour + sweetener to resemble bread crumbs, sprinkle over the cake and bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
Cover with aluminum foil half way through baking time to prevent the crumble from burning.

Eat with cream/home made low carb custard/mascarpone custard
Makes 12 slices = 4,7g carbs per portion (with plums, will be lower if made with rhubarb)
This sounds lovely x

K

Kat100

Well I have scots porridge oats,don't know if I can use them as I have not ate them since finding out I am diabetic,so I will try the oats with almond flour,where do you put the olive oil,in with the flour instead of butter.?
I mean a olive oil spread .....x

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Thanks Kat...xox is ground almonds not the same as almond flour.am confused on that bit,but it does sound nice...

K

Kat100

Thanks Kat...xox is ground almonds not the same as almond flour.am confused on that bit,but it does sound nice...
The same I think , some people make their own ground almond flour or just buy a bag of almond flour, I have the bag..... Enjoy making a crumble :)

Rosemaryx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
To much to say.
Thanks Kat I will make it tomorrow,by the way I have two baby kittens 3 months old,they were out in the garden today for the first time,they loved it and now they are sleeping soundly...xox

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Hi I'm pretty sure it's the rich butter used in Asian( Indian) cooking, but if you don't want to use this, there is probably another alternative. Good luck with your baking:)

Malcolm1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

The Indian version of clarified butter (ie a butter that has had its milk solids removed, making it clear), melt butter in a pan over gentle heat skim off any solids from the top

kesun

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I rubbed butter into ground almond, no sweetener, put it on unsweetened apple with a little cinnemon, baked it till it bubbled a bit, and served it with double cream. I wasn't sure, but in fact my family didn't even notice the difference from the flour, oats and sugar version I used to make. I can't manage apple, but I had some of the crumble with as much apple juice as it had soaked up, and it was delicious.

Kate

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
All these recipes sound delicious, and will have to try them out, but my carer helper may have a moan if he does not like it, just buy him a packet of crumble mix for the easiest, well I have missed having a nice legal hot dessert, so now it's back on the treat board, thank you to everybody for the info, ttfn

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
we use quinoa flakes to make out vegan gluten free crumbles