Cured.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I just had my 4th HbA1c. It has dropped from 67 to 38 in under 4 months. He said that by their testing standards I am not diabetic and seem to be cured.
I will continue with my new eating style as I know that is what gives me the low result.

Reactions: 20 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:)
Fantastic news long may you continue to stay well. xx

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

I just had my 4th HbA1c. It has dropped from 67 to 38 in under 4 months. He said that by their testing standards I am not diabetic and seem to be cured.
I will continue with my new eating style as I know that is what gives me the low result.
That is amazing ....is it cured or remission ....never know what is the right word and would be interested to know if 38 is the level recognised for being cured ....I am 39 and on metformin so find this all very new and interesting .....

Big congratulations on you hba1c numbers .....best wishes Kat

Reactions: 2 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
That is amazing ....is it cured or remission ....never know what is the right word and would be interested to know if 38 is the level recognised for being cured ....I am 39 and on metformin so find this all very new and interesting .....

Big congratulations on you hba1c numbers .....best wishes Kat
I doubt it is either. Just diet.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I had a thought. Sorry if it is old news. It seems to me doctors see someone like my self losing over 4 stone and improving so much and assume it is the weight loss that has done it. I don't think I can eat food and get a lower BG than I did when diagnosed . I am just better at it particularly cooking pasta al dente. (Still only have 65g uncooked though).

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful news for you, congratulations on both HbA1c and weight loss. Please keep at it though, and don't get complacent ;)