1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Curious! How and what do you all take to treat your hypos?

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Bingki Rose, Aug 31, 2015.

1. alisonhe

alisonhe Type 1 · Active Member

I take dextrose, also carry 9seed bars which I love, there is a carob coated one which is 13g carb, high protein so if I know I will need more energy i.e. I am cycling home - I may have a bar as well.

• Like Like x 2
  2. michelejane

michelejane Type 1 · Active Member

Hi,
    I eat gluten-free jelly babies if I am out and feel myself going low, or if I have immediate access to a mini carton of fruit juice that works best. If I hypo during the night I find chocolate alpro soya milk is more comforting! Yet, if I get REALLY low during the evening, I may follow up juice with a wispa bar or a twirl bar, just to make sure.
    Michelejane

3. jgordon5

jgordon5 · Well-Known Member

If I catch it before I'm through the floor, dates and/or a cocoa Nakd bar (raw fruit and nuts). If it's too low I drink some Galvanina organic lemon drink. Basically I try to avoid sugar cane or derivatives unless desperate! It makes me feel really sick. That's what comes from a diet with no added sugar...if you have to eat it, it feels really extreme! . ;)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook