Cyst or Lipoma on thigh

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a strange swelling appear on my thigh in a short space of time. Been to see my GP today who thinks it is either a cyst or lipoma. I have to have it ultrasounded and then it looks like it will require surgical removal. It is huge and is interfering with sitting down, lying on my side etc. Oh well, one more thing to deal with!

Ali

Adele99

Sorry to hear it. I seem to remember someone else on the forum posting about getting one of these removed fairly recently, and I got a ribbing because I mentioned my dog had one on his side. Oops. Is there a search on the forum as you could maybe dig about and try to find it, might have some helpful advice on the thread about recovery etc. .

Best wishes, hope all goes well for you with getting it removed and you make a speedy recovery.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I had a lipoma on my back once and my doctor removed it right in his office. Didn't even need to go to a hospital. Then years later I got one just below my sternum and a different doctor said to not worry about it. It's still there, but not very big - maybe the size of a large marble. Doesn't seem to be causing any problems. Anyway, good luck.

Cookiebell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had several lipomas removed, two under local anaesthetic and 5 under general.

I have loads!

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Strange beasties aren't they. Cookiebell sounds like you have a genetic version?

Ali