D-Day at clinic

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Well today I'm hoping for some answers, I've got an appointment with my DSN and Roche rep Lynn let's hope I get some straight forward explanations and answers to the list of issues I've got with the insight, Cannulas and service I've had

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well today I'm hoping for some answers, I've got an appointment with my DSN and Roche rep Lynn let's hope I get some straight forward explanations and answers to the list of issues I've got with the insight, Cannulas and service I've had

Good luck today, I hope it's a positive outcome for you and insight for your DSN and the Roche rep regarding your ongoing pump problems.
All the best RRB

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Lol reps are a bit like politicians you wont get a straight answer.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Lol reps are a bit like politicians you wont get a straight answer.

Totally agree you never get a straight answer,

I'm going well prepared I've written down all the questions with times dates etc of when I've phoned and emailed but not had a reasonable answer or any answer, I've got 4 copies , 1 for DSN, rep, Roche and myself and I'm in a positive assertive mood today,

So I must be onto a winner ?

Reactions: 4 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Totally agree you never get a straight answer,

I'm going well prepared I've written down all the questions with times dates etc of when I've phoned and emailed but not had a reasonable answer or any answer, I've got 4 copies , 1 for DSN, rep, Roche and myself and I'm in a positive assertive mood today,

So I must be onto a winner ?
I would like to be a fly on the wall :) Good luck.

Reactions: 2 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I've had a lot of trouble replying to anything yesterday and last night just wanted to see if it's ok now and not sending me error messages?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I've had a lot of trouble replying to anything yesterday and last night just wanted to see if it's ok now and not sending me error messages?

The forum was down for a while last night @masonbason63, hope your appointment went well and you got some answers.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Right here's the outcome of the meeting as brief and correct as I can.

A)
The broken Cannula in my tum, this and other people having the same issue has resulted in product re call of the Rapids. I've not been told or notified by Roche about this I found out through this forum, poor show by Roche!!

B)
The handset being so slow is a big issue for Roche and they are constantly working on this. I know it's probably software issues, but come on some of the things they do with software nowadays?

I also know s bit more but it's a rumour and I'm not going to drop names in etc, although I'm probably one of just many who knows.

C)
I've had 3 broken battery caps trying to put a battery in or out one resulted in a new pump as it was stuck fast in the compartment with the clear plastic flap broken off.

When I started the Insight I was told it had to be screwed in to hold the battery firmly in, now it's get it all in place and with your finger firmly just push down till it clicks, a far lot easier. The clear flap you lift is to help remove the cap.

D)
After the rapid broke on me I switched to the Tenderlink which I'd been on with my earlier pumps for 14 yrs without any issues whatsoever, Lynne didn't know why I liked them as she thought they were to painful. I said the Rapids I didn't like as I could feel them when leaning against things they were way too sticky and a sod to remove, since being on the tenders they've changed the thickness of the needles and I think they forgot to put the adhesive on them they just kept falling off, I was using plasters.
When asked if I'd use flex links with the inserted I know I'm brave but inserting a needle with a machine brings back memories of the old syringe guns "scary"
Anyway a rep who's not diabetic who demonstrated on herself to show a product certainly went up in brownie points in my book!!
So I had to try and I'm impressed "takes a lot to impress me"
So now I'm using flex links no troubles so far and they stick.

We talked about some other issues and did give me a positive all round feedback , which I know she's being paid to do but it's a big but, She had time there was no rush and I felt like a person not a statistic like I've felt with Roche for the last 6 months
10/10 the rep

Reactions: 6 people