D Day - few hours

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Total Warrior tomorrow 10:25 wave....going to sleep now can do no more but survive amongst 30 treats in store
15 ton ice so swim through
10000 volts to run through.
Lots n lots of mud to slip slide and get through

52 yrs old t2 diabetic the term f.... stupid springs to mind but then sanity is not my strong point.

Reactions: 5 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Total Warrior tomorrow 10:25 wave....going to sleep now can do no more but survive amongst 30 treats in store
15 ton ice so swim through
10000 volts to run through.
Lots n lots of mud to slip slide and get through

52 yrs old t2 diabetic the term f.... stupid springs to mind but then sanity is not my strong point.

Good luck!
Hey - it's boring to be sane! Bring on the madness!:p

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Thanks back home shattered and did it am over the moon. I walked after the first few hundred yards don't know time don't care l did it was what counts. l missed a few vertical wood climbing ones (4) but did all the rest. Linked up with a lass we helped each other.
Sadly at death valley...a muddy vertical cliff with cargo nets she froze half way up the cliff she had flat shoes on and l think they needed marshals to get her off l waited a bit but cold set in and l had to move on was on the last 1km so not so bad but l hope she finished it.

Hurt ankle first mud obstacle it crumbled under foot as l got in and l whacked in on my ankle only really noticed after the race now hobbling.

Thanks @ElyDave for the info on inov8 baregrip 200 shoes was like tractor tyres l walked up mud banks others slid backwards down and couldnt get traction on, l also got a pair of innov8 socks to help wick water away and the shoe covers to stop stones ....bloody amazing. Oh and a friend told me to smear vaseline all over my feet and other areas that may rub that was also good tip waterproof and slippy no blisters or sores.
Poor hub has had a lot to put up with my stress over the last few days and his worry as he said at all the ambulances/stretchers carrying wounded...his imagination bolted with him.

I will do more of these things.

Reactions: 6 people

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done, I won't try to emulate you, I orienteered for about 20 years so I can cope with a bit of mud and even the odd bog bit I would rather avoid it!

Reactions: 2 people

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Hope so :) would like to try do others as well.
At least l know what to expect and will also improve my training with that knowledge.

Just stabilising my glucose big learning curve there 4.5 end of race ate half protein bar cold hands dropped the rest thought ...aggjhh go home
3.7 at pub near home around 1.5 to 2hrs later so ate steak salad and peas
2 Hr later 5.1 had 3/4ltr protein drink
hr later 5.2 had banana
45 mins later 5.5
Soon as stable fall asleep.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors