D202 Reply Form - send back license to get 3 year short period license

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Hi folks

I've received a letter today from the DVLA telling me they have finished with my medical enquiries and will replace my current license (full) with the 3 year (short period license) - and I need to return my license along with the D202 Reply Form.

Sorry if I'm being a dunce here....this may seem like a silly question - but I assume I have to send BOTH parts of my license back? i.e. the Paper Part, and the Photo Driving License? I couldn't find an answer on Google or the DVLA website either....

I have tried calling the DVLA numerous times today - but it is so busy.

Looking forward to replies who folks who have already gone through this... as I've only recently started on Insulin - this is all new to me.

Thanks

h-p-c.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, both parts have to sent back so that changes can be made to both . And it's not a silly question :)

Signy

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Heathenlass.. The letters and forms from the DVLA *really*could benefit from being a little clearer, don't you think? ;)

In my not so humble opinion, the whole DVLA process would benefit from simplification and clarity :rolleyes:

I had a joyous time with them when the whole diabetics on insulin license restriction started, as the consultant they contacted mentioned I had frequent night time hypos . Ignoring the fact that I never needed assistance, and that they happened at night, in bed, asleep , they couldn't get their heads around that I didn't drive in my sleep and queried it ad nauseum :banghead:

What a fun time that was :rolleyes:

Signy

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did not send my licence back. It was the old green paper licence I told them it was lost so could not send it back.