mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I was due to start my DAFNE course 18th Nov. I had the pre-screening last week. Got a call yesterday from nurse who told me it may be an idea to change dates as I am the only male on the course ?? It didn't really bother me to be honest just thought it was a bit odd. I was told ladies can get "a bit hormonal" lol ! Come on ladies, are you really that bad ?? I'm doing a Dec course now.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's silly

Although we did skip out the pregnancy bit because I was the only woman young enough to have kids which I thought was a bit unfair!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
mo1905 said:
I was due to start my DAFNE course 18th Nov. I had the pre-screening last week. Got a call yesterday from nurse who told me it may be an idea to change dates as I am the only male on the course ?? It didn't really bother me to be honest just thought it was a bit odd. I was told ladies can get "a bit hormonal" lol ! Come on ladies, are you really that bad ?? I'm doing a Dec course now.

I can't see the problem Mo, obviously your not bothered about being the only male on the course so why change the date?

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
so when are you doing it now?

I'm on the 2nd December course, presumably at Addenbrookes, I guess I should dig out the letter again.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
ElyDave said:
so when are you doing it now?

I'm on the 2nd December course, presumably at Addenbrookes, I guess I should dig out the letter again.
Same course as me then Dave ! Nice one !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
then we can get a whole load of questions about diabetes and exercise into the week. :D

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If they run it like mine you'll find the first few days a little patronising, but it was clear that most people in the room couldn't carb count yet so it's clearly necessary!

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Think yourselves lucky boys I would have happily and would have rathered do the course with guys! if its all men you might even avoid the pregnacy and diabeties section. (I wasnt even allowed to sit out :()

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The course at Addenbrookes was pretty good, though I too found the first few days a bit dull as I already knew it all.

The sick day rules were probably the most useful of the whole lot, but I have the stamp in file and also the email addresses for the DAFNE nurses which is always handy :)

Enjoy they are a good bunch, or at least the ones I had were pretty good.

/A