DAFNE Waiting

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Im Wondering how long you guys had to wait for this? ive been diagnosed 13 year now with Type one, i was put on the waiting list for this 2 years ago, at my recent checkup i asked what was going on as it had been so long without hearing anything. they told me im currently around 160 in the que, they run in my Hopsital every 4/5 months with a max of 8 people. this would mean im still years away for till i get on it. ive been struggling recently and really feel like it would benifit, is there any other way i can do the coruse without waiting so long on some list.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not sure there is another way round the waiting list, you could say that your prepared to do the course at a moments notice if someone pulls out at the last minute (provided your work commitments allow this), other than that you'll just have to wait unfortunately .

I'm not sure if you've seen the following on the forum before, it's a on-line carb counting course which is based on the DAFNE teachings, it might be worth registering and doing the course until your time comes around to do the DAFNE course:

http://www.bdec-e-learning.com/

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks I Will Registered for that one! yea mys work have been really great and basicly agreed to let me go and pay me! without taking holidays which is pretty great, the Hospital know but it doesnt seem to have speed-ed up the process to much.

Thanks for that link though that could be helpful!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people