Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Take you
Take your pick and try something/
Thank you Tricia

I do want to improve my diet when my mood improves a bit but I am terrified to God from getting cardiovascular disease from high cholesterol.

Would I like to eat loads of meat instead? You betcha! I love eating meat. I love bacon and sausages and smoked salmon and beef steaks and etc etc. but I'm afraid of processed meat causing cancer and getting clogged arteries.

Please take some time to look in the Low Carb Forum and see what people actually eat in there.
I've had a 3x Coronary Bypass and then got Type 2 all of that after over 8yrs of long term so-called' heart healthy' high carb very low fat way of eating (not a diet as such since never overweight).I had been on that medically advised terrible way of eating for over 10yrs when diagnosed with T2D.
By then I had been eating as advised for over 10yrs,, was getting sicker and sicker, and slowly creeping up to an overweight BMI.

Did I do as my GP and DN advised? - Heck no, I knew it was crazy to suddenly expect the exact opposite results from continuing to do the same thing! I looked in here, examined that actual evidence (shabby at best for the status quo). And switched to a way of eating that I had preferred all along!

But you can do Low Carb without eating saturated Fat (though it is much harder).
You could also try Time Restricted Eating/ 16:8 / Intermittent Fasting to achieve similar results.
If you prefer calorie restriction, then similar results are achieved with any of the following 3 methods of controlling T2D:

A). Longer term fasting - This mimics a Gastric Band etc. supplements of vitamins and electrolytes are usually required plus it usually takes 3 days or more before you feel the extra energy (so it then starts to get easier).

B). Either a new style crash diet e.g. Newcastle Diet (the DIRECT study or Dr Michael Mosely's 'Blood sugar' diet; or a simple old style diet like Weight Watchers etc. - The problem with these is keeping the weight off afterwards since the metabolism has slowed down.

C). Gastric Surgery, There are at least 3 types and they all tend to have good short-term results, but after a few yrs their results are no better (and probably worse) than LCHF.

Why not try whichever appeals to you most. - For me it was LCHF, but once started I also incorporated some IF (since I saw no point in eating unless actually hungry.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmmmm, I think the poster has made it quite clear that they are happy with their (reduced) carbs. I get that people like to tell what works for them (ie low carb) but I think it can be really off putting when some go on and on pressing their preferred diet. Even when it's born out of concern, at the end of the day individuals make their decision and that's that.

Reactions: Aethalides

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Type two diabetes is an inability to deal with the carbohydrate content of the modern diet - which by the way made me grossly overweight and dismal as well.
Now - me being three years from diagnosis and feeling great, and in a whole new set of clothes and shoes - even my feet are smaller - I could not in any conscience advise someone to take tablets to enable them to eat what made me feel so downcast.

Reactions: ianf0ster