Dapaglifozin SGLT2 Forxiga Fluod Intake and Clearance

Bazer2000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi does anyone know of a relationship between fluid consumption and clearance of sugars from the circulatory system?

Been on Forxiga for arround 5 years initially (type 2 since 2000) with metformin 1000mg twice a day and novamix 50 insulin and now on just the metformin and Forxiga following proving to my diabetic nurse that the insulin was having no impact on my control.

Weight loss was good 95 to 72kg for the past couple of years. HaB1c arround 6 still a little to go hence the question. I have had the occational usual thrush issues which to date I have managed to keep on top of. Diet is pretty restricted cabs wise and I find it difficult to see where my energy comes from on a day to day basis. For example I can get by on two slices of brown toast, marmite and a cup of tea from breakfast (9am) to 4pm without any sign of a hypo and at 10:30 my blood is 8ish to around 4.6 at 4pm. This is starting to concern me as on opioids for back pain over past three years ( no other way I'm afraid for me) and finding that they are having a profound impact on my vitamin uptake so I need to take another look at my diet.

Tried asking my diabetic nurse and local support group but they don't have much experience to offer to those going down the sglt2 route as compared to the diet/metformin/insulin pathway.

Cheers

Barry