Dazed and Confused...Feedback required.

DanteNXS

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Health issues, uneducated doctors, and reality TV
I started keeping track of my BG and diet. My results are below.

I just want to know if this looks right or am I still too high?

Day 1

Waking BG: 100
Breakfast: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, kale powder and water
1 hour BG: 104
2 hour BG: 106
Mid morning: Protein shake (plant based) with veggies, coconut oil, and water
1 hour BG: 114
2 hour BG: 100
Lunch: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, supergreens powder and water
1 hour BG: 101
2 hour BG: 105
Mid day: Protein shake (plant based) with veggies, coconut oil, and water
1 hour BG: 107
2 hour BG: 104
Dinner: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, cabbage and water
1 hour BG: 105
2 hour BG: 93
Last meal: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, kale powder and water
1 hour BG: 115
2 hour BG: 111

Day 2

Waking BG: 99
Breakfast: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, kale powder and water
1 hour BG: 109

I will post the rest once day 2 is complete.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I started keeping track of my BG and diet. My results are below.

I just want to know if this looks right or am I still too high?

Day 1

Waking BG: 100
1 hour BG: 104
Mid morning: Protein shake (plant based) with veggies, coconut oil, and water
1 hour BG: 114
2 hour BG: 100
Lunch: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, supergreens powder and water
1 hour BG: 101
2 hour BG: 105
Mid day: Protein shake (plant based) with veggies, coconut oil, and water
1 hour BG: 107
Dinner: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, cabbage and water
1 hour BG: 105
2 hour BG: 93
Last meal: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, kale powder and water
1 hour BG: 115
2 hour BG: 111

Day 2

I will post the rest once day 2 is complete.

They are ok!
You seem to be already in control and you are within normal range.
Keep up the good work!
How do you feel at these levels?

DanteNXS

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
They are ok!
You seem to be already in control and you are within normal range.
Keep up the good work!
How do you feel at these levels?

I feel ok, still having mild anxiety, lightheaded, and cold feet. I also get this muscle spasm in my upper neck (front), not sure why, along with the constant tinnitus.

I know it's only day 1 of my new plan, but I have been eating fairly healthy for months. Why do you think my fasting BG is always at the high end of normal?

Also, do you think I'm getting enough calories? I am not hungry.

Thanks,

DanteNXS

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think your weight loss/gain/stability will be your best guide to whether you are eating enough.
Are you intending to eat like this for long, and what do you estimate your fat, protein and carb ratios?

About 4 years ago I REALLY got into green smoothies. Loved them. Still love them.
Think they are FAB.
And I drank them for lunch and breakfast 6 days a week for about a year. Felt wonderful on them.

Only problem, I hit a wall. Just woke up one day and found I couldn't face another one. Felt like that for months. Nowadays I like and enjoy them - occasionally. But I simply can't have them too often.

The thing about any eating plan is that it MUST be sustainable, long term, or you need to understand and expect it to have a limited lifespan. What are your plans for long term eating?

Re your list of symptoms, I would give it time... weeks rather than days, and see if they fade. The tinnitus is often connected (as you know) with too much insulin. The other things could have various causes.

But primarily, be gentle with yourself. I think RH is bloomin' hard on the body. All those sharp rises and falls, the stress reaction of a hypo, day after day after day... it is not something our bodies recover from quickly, even once we know the cause, and stop the vicious cycle of carbs, I think our systems take a while to downgrade from DEFCON 1 ;)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I feel ok, still having mild anxiety, lightheaded, and cold feet. I also get this muscle spasm in my upper neck (front), not sure why, along with the constant tinnitus.

I know it's only day 1 of my new plan, but I have been eating fairly healthy for months. Why do you think my fasting BG is always at the high end of normal?

Also, do you think I'm getting enough calories? I am not hungry.

Thanks,

DanteNXS

Your body naturally preparers you for the day ahead and you get a boost from your liver, it is called dawn phenomenon. But it is fine.
Only eat if you have to and if your not getting cravings, then that's good.
I couldn't tell you if you are getting enough calories.
It's something that I've never done. Don't count carbs either.
I rely on how I feel and always eating as regularly as my body permits.
If I don't need to eat a lot, then I don't, I don't eat big meals either!
At my stage in eating habits, I know when to eat!
You are doing fine, I can't say don't be anxious!
You will be regardless of any fine words I can type.
Keep at it! Good start!

DanteNXS

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think your weight loss/gain/stability will be your best guide to whether you are eating enough.
Are you intending to eat like this for long, and what do you estimate your fat, protein and carb ratios?

About 4 years ago I REALLY got into green smoothies. Loved them. Still love them.
Think they are FAB.
And I drank them for lunch and breakfast 6 days a week for about a year. Felt wonderful on them.

Only problem, I hit a wall. Just woke up one day and found I couldn't face another one. Felt like that for months. Nowadays I like and enjoy them - occasionally. But I simply can't have them too often.

The thing about any eating plan is that it MUST be sustainable, long term, or you need to understand and expect it to have a limited lifespan. What are your plans for long term eating?

Re your list of symptoms, I would give it time... weeks rather than days, and see if they fade. The tinnitus is often connected (as you know) with too much insulin. The other things could have various causes.

But primarily, be gentle with yourself. I think RH is bloomin' hard on the body. All those sharp rises and falls, the stress reaction of a hypo, day after day after day... it is not something our bodies recover from quickly, even once we know the cause, and stop the vicious cycle of carbs, I think our systems take a while to downgrade from DEFCON 1 ;)

Brunneria,

I am basically starting out like this, to see how my body reacts, then I will begin adding more foods in slowly. I have always enjoyed blended veggies, and the health benefits are great. I also figured this was the easiest way to eliminate bad carbs, without all the guesswork.

I see that a lot of people are doing the LCHF diet, which I have tried in the past, but am not much of a red meat eater, and trying to find good quality fish, chicken, turkey, and such is very difficult. As many of the so called healthy versions are not really as they are labeled.

I have been dealing with these health issues for so long, probably not as long as some, but it really wears you down. So I am just trying to do my best.

DanteNXS

ColS

I was under the impression that blending negates the fibre ingredient of the food and reduces its efficacy.

DanteNXS

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I was under the impression that blending negates the fibre ingredient of the food and reduces its efficacy.

No, that's juicing. Blending keeps everything.

DanteNXS

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Day 2

Mid day: Protein w/veggies, superfood powder, water
1 hour BG: 111

Lunch: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, chia seeds and water
1 hour BG: 91
2 hour BG: 95

Late day: Blended veggies with organic nuts, coconut oil, superfood powder and water
1 hour BG: 96
2 hour BG: 83

Dinner: Big salad and nuts
1 hour BG: 96

Felt strange, so I had some cheese and nuts
1 hour BG: 92

Day 3

Waking BG: 89 (This is the lowest waking BG ever, I took it twice to verify.)

DanteNXS

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Note: My HR and BP have been elevated the past few days.

Is this normal?

DanteNXS

Last edited by a moderator:

DanteNXS

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You're probably right