De-registration

Mireille

Most websites have an easy way for people to de-register, which is not a complex thing, if they so choose. This site seems to lack that facility which is obviously an oversight in the design. When will the site administrators be providing this option?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
why de register? just dont come to the site if you dont want to, im pretty sure no one will chase after you, or are you trying to stage a dramatic exit? im trying to think of the saying... something about not letting the door hit you on the way out

sorry to see you go youve been a great help to many and a blast

good luck

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Start advertising kitchens, they'll soon delete you from the list of users :lol:

I'll probably get banned for even suggesting such a thing!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you want to speak to the administrators you should PM them directly. Anything you post as a forum topic is fair game!

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mireille said:
Andy12345 said:

Thanks for all the useful comments on behalf of the adminstrators, who, I am sure, could speak for themselves.

On the basis that forum posts are open for all to reply to and the terse nature of the comment above, are you Martina79 in disguise?

Netty70

julifriend said:
Mireille said:
Andy12345 said:

Thanks for all the useful comments on behalf of the adminstrators, who, I am sure, could speak for themselves.

On the basis that forum posts are open for all to reply to and the terse nature of the comment above, are you Martina79 in disguise?

I thought exactly the same thing, just as rude

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Mireille said:
Most websites have an easy way for people to de-register, which is not a complex thing, if they so choose. This site seems to lack that facility which is obviously an oversight in the design. When will the site administrators be providing this option?

There is no way to un-become a member here as with most forums, the choice is yours whether you want to post or not. You can however un-subscribe from the DCUK newsletter and this can bo done by clicking the un-subscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter email.

That said this is a really useful forum and I would urge you to stay, you will find idiots on all forums and if you feel that someone has been rude to you just add their username to your "Foe" list and none of their posts will appear to you on the forum again, think of it as an ignore button.

Alternatively you can also report any offending posts simply by clicking the ! (Question mark) in the triangle next to each persons post, this will open a window were you can report an offending post to a moderator who will act on any reported abuse.

Heres how to add a username to your FOE list, click the link to User Control Panel then click the link Friends & Foes then on the left hand side click Manage Foes then enter the username of the person who was rude to you and you will never see a post from that person again. You can add as many people as you like just place each username on a separate line.

Hope you find this useful.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All .

Anyone wishing to de-register themselves from DCUK forum .

Please contact our site administrator Giverny via PM [personal message]
Place your request of this and it will be replied/acted upon .

Thanks Anna .

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Most websites have an easy way for people to de-register
No they don't - just try to get Facebook to close your account. Your best bet is to PM a mod/admin and explain to them why your account needs to be removed.