denial ????

mistee71

Dislikes
FOOTBALL. MY husband is a sports fanatic and watches everything. Most i can put up with just not football.
It's been 5 months now since diagnosis and nothing in me has changed. I am overweight slightly now as have not been able to go very far or even excersise much as i have gallstones and pancreatitis. I have been waiting since begining of December for an op and now i actually got a date. 29th feb :clap: :clap: :clap: I cant wait. Anyway... i dont feel diabetic and am not eating any different. Lucky for me my sugar levels now I'm on sitigliptin are mostly in the normal range. Even now when i get asked if I'm diabetic (at the dentist) I have to think about it and feel dead weird saying yes. On diagnosis I was always swatting up on diabetes and how my life would change but in reality, nothing has. I still eat anything i like and have no problems with my sugar levels. Sometimes i think to myself, how much longer can i get away with it but not often as i forget I'm diabetic. Was anyone else like this and got there fingers burnt ? Am i still in denial ? I am 40 and feel like I'm playing a game that I'm not very good at.