smigger62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
signs
feelin really down but don't know if im just fed up or depressed ..

muggle666

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hello, do you have any idea why you feel down or is it general, i dont know if talking it through on here would be helpful but you could give it a go, i know there would be plenty of support for you and maybe some help, i have been feeling the same for a few weeks myself but found the answer by venting, i think sometimes that that can help and sometimes just saying it to someone can help too, hope this is some comfort x

Reactions: 2 people

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
Just cant be bothered..going out seeing people talking.to people try to avoid company..if I can get away with it I stay in my pj's all day .. feel dead flat

muggle666

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i can relate to that hun, i know its hard but try to do a puzzle or read something you normally enjoy, how is your bs today, have you eaten, and what did you have, it appears that low mood or depression can go hand in hand with diabetes for a number of people, i dont get this myself but i have been told this by the medical professionals, i havent touched my art work or writing for quite a while now but am trying to read again, even if its only a few pages a day, if you dont want to be around people at the mo dont, but do try to get a bit of sun as this does help even if its just standing by a window, its really hard isn't it, but im glad that you responded, that takes a huge effort im sure at the moment, if you want to talk about anything, how you feel, books, tv it doesnt matter what then i will respond back to you if you would like me to x

smigger62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not having food and beer
bloods were av 18 got them to average around 8 .There now around 10 .. I work nights so I don't see much sun..

muggle666

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
mine average late 20's, am on new insulin and they have to be lowered very slowly, do you think maybe that could be part of the reason tht you work nights, it doesnt suit everyone, although i loved that shift and still love the night time its so quiet, have you taken a few days off to re-charge your batteries, it may help, 10 average is good youve worked hard to get them to that, try not to be too hard on yourself we all have blips and this is one, try to focus on you and be a little selfish hun, you do deserve to be from time to time x

jimmyr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Government Leaders who feel they are the owner of ME.
Hi Smigger, i can relate to how you feel also, i get this way quite often, i am normally fine first thing, then i take all my meds like a good boy and POW, as they start to kick in i can feel myself becoming depressed, have no enthusiasm for anything, no shops, dont want to get dressed, go out, nothing, and before i know it the day has gone.
Mine is all down to the mixture of pills, i have to take my insulin my metformin, glictazide, and other diabeties medication and also my heart pills, angina pills, BP pills, i am certain it is the 40mg of isosorbide that is doing this to me.
Maybe it is your pills also, please see your GP, you might have already done so already, i know how you feel and it is horrible.
What helped a lot was my doc changing my 800mg metformin pills to 500mg SR pills, this helped a lot, i noticed a difference very quickly.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
bloods were av 18 got them to average around 8 .There now around 10 .. I work nights so I don't see much sun..
Can you buy a full spectrum light? They are available on Amazon at quite reasonable prices. Shift work is known to cause depression because your Vit D levels go down. And diabetics also have a tendency to low Vit D.

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Vitamin D deficiency is very common... suggest you as doctor for blood test and prob get on prescription supplements - only 1 pill a month, usually. This deficiency is known to cause or worsen depression.

What sort of foods do you eat in a typical day?

I think it would be a great idea to talk to your doctor about your moods, they may be able to help. If you don't have confidence in him, then you should find a new doctor you can trust and relate to well.