Depression meds and raised glucose

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Have become very depressed and so visited DR who has given me Mirtazapine 10 days ago .Feeling even more down though I understand it takes over two weeks to work but meanwhile my hunger levels are sky high and both the meds plus eating more are raising bgs so what can i do sort out the mind or give up meds and sort out glucose. My hba1c is next week so guess wont be popular with dns

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I was starving hungry when I first went on anti-depressants. :( it was dreadful. It was like being pregnant and eating for 20. This did get better though after about a month. I would stick with it for a while longer, then speak to your GP. My doctor told me it would be horrid for 2 weeks. He wasn't wrong.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Your description of the hunger is spot on.Thanks for your reply will try to stay with it :depressed:

nigelho

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have become very depressed and so visited DR who has given me Mirtazapine 10 days ago .Feeling even more down though I understand it takes over two weeks to work but meanwhile my hunger levels are sky high and both the meds plus eating more are raising bgs so what can i do sort out the mind or give up meds and sort out glucose. My hba1c is next week so guess wont be popular with dns
Sorry to hear about the depression. If you've been running high etc with your BSs and can't seem to get to grips with it please consider the DAFNE Course....you'll finish the 5 day course in a better position to manage your diabetes if you're type 1 better than before. Good Luck.

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great that u went to the doc and on new meds.I hope they kick in soon! :) When my blood sugar goes high I can really see a difference in my mood and energy level so I hope u also manage to get it down.Hard though if you are consistently hungry....

Reactions: 2 people