DESMOND course...it didn't start off very well.

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
I went in today, or well yesterday now judging by the time and it didn't start off well.

It was the first time in five year's that I have had an anxiety attack. what the hell!

I went on my own, someone was going to come with me but that didn't happen (I won't go into it) so I was in a new place I didn't know with stranger's I had never meet.

like I said it didn't start off very well. I was a few minutes late which usually I wouldn't get stressed over but it just seemed, well ugh! It was kinda alright by the last afternoon but it sucked.

At lunch time I pretty much headed into the tree's on the grounds and hide there for the rest of lunch. it was nice and calmed me down a bit. plus I could phone some friends who talked me down.

I feel like a right prat! I was really confused as to why I went off the deep end so to speak. it was pointed out to me that in the last five years I have either been to unknown places with people I know very well or have gone to well known places with people i don't know very well and been fine.

But each time I was with someone I knew or somewhere I knew well.

I haven't been to a new place with new people in a VERY long time and it was a bit of a shock.

(the course was alright, some interesting stuff I didn't know about so it was a bit helpful)

I'm just tired now but yeah, if I did it again in the same place I wouldn't have an issue now. I know where all the exit's are now and where the nearest bus stop it.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Aaw Pixie. Well done for going. You are braver than me! I turned my Desmond invitation down on the grounds that, for me, the anxiety and raised bg it would provoke would outweigh the benefits of the course.

You will probably feel knackered today so be kind to yourself :)

Reactions: 2 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Hi Pixie, well done for plucking up the courage to attend, these courses can be stressful for anyone, the unknown, amongst strangers. Don't feel like the odd one out as I'm sure most people feel the same but maybe disguise it a little better or just pretend ! Glad some of the course was of benefit. Take care, Mo :)

Reactions: 2 people