Dexcom G6 Skin Reactions?

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am so disappointed; I have been using G5 for years and never had ANY issues with itching, skin reactions or anything.

I am now on my fourth G6 sensor and the last 2 have been horribly itchy and have caused nasty red rasied reactions, just like I used to get with the Libre.

Anyone know if Dexcom has changed the adhesive for the G6 or is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
There was an adhesive change between G4/5 and G6 sensors, yes, due to the "10-day" adhesive requirement. Sorry to hear that it's not working for you :(

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There was an adhesive change between G4/5 and G6 sensors, yes, due to the "10-day" adhesive requirement. Sorry to hear that it's not working for you :(
thanks for confirming, Tim. I'm already on the "subscription plan" for G6 so not sure what will happen - will give them a call to discuss. Would be nice to think they'll let me go back to G5 and keep the same price plan but that is probably wishful thinking!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
thanks for confirming, Tim. I'm already on the "subscription plan" for G6 so not sure what will happen - will give them a call to discuss. Would be nice to think they'll let me go back to G5 and keep the same price plan but that is probably wishful thinking!
Negotiate hard....