Dexcom G6 v Freestyle Libre 1 combined with MiaoMiao 2

TypeZero.

So as the title suggests I want to know which one is recommended.

I know the pros and cons for both so I would rather make my decision based on the recommendation of other diabetics.

Dexcom G6
-More accurate
-Needs changing more often
-But also more expensive £159/month
-The company forces you to sign a 12 month contract if you want to keep the price at £159/month

Libre with MM2
-Less accurate and unreliable for making hypo or hyper treatments
-Cheaper at £48.29/ 2 weeks so £96.58 per month
-More flexible in terms of buying it whenever you want
-Additional hassle of the MM2 and charging it
-Diasend is no longer Libre-compatible (not really a big problem as my healthcare providers can still see through LibreLink)

So which one is actually recommended? I’m a really indecisive person, I think things too thoroughly ending up with no clear choice. At the moment I’m using Libre and 2-3 sensors were really inaccurate but a new one I placed more towards the front of my arm is pretty accurate with an error interval around 0.5mmol/L.

In terms of data analysis is Libre Link better or Diasend? If I do choose a Dexcom I would also get a Fitbit Versa 2 which would track my physical activity and also factor that into my glucose reports.

Reactions: hels

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
So, I am firmly in the G6 camp.but I am biased because after 8 months I became allergic to the libre and its results became worse than useless ( though before that they were fine).

After three weeks with the dexcom -

not allergic yet and still very accurate as compared to my glucometer

alarms (particularly low) have potentially saved my life after a bad lantus experience (still don't know whether I injected lantus in wrong place or accidentally injected humalog)

If you attach a miao maio (or equivalent ) to libre and it's accurate for you then that is probably as good, but if money is no object then go dexcom.

Disclaimer : I'd still ne using libre if it worked for me

Reactions: TypeZero.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I’ve used both and dexcom is simply the best.. the reading were always spot on...

Libre and mm works but libre is not accurate always 2mmol out

How ever libre/mm much cheaper particularly if you get libre on prescription

Reactions: TypeZero.