Diabain?

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello there.

My first post so be gentle!

Diagnosed a year ago with type 2 Diabetes and took drastic measures with diet, exercise and herbs.

I've come across something called Diabain, and can only find info that they have published themselves- I would like to ask has anybody tried it and did it work?

The product I am referring to is here:

http://www.diabain.com/inusol.html

Any thoughts gratefully received, thankyou. :D

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Hmmm me thinx another batch of snake oil .. I can here the ducks quacking from here :lol:

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So stick to my cinnamon, gymnema silvestre,chromium, acai and maqui berry, african mango, flaxseed, wheatgrass, fenugreek, milk thistle,bilberry, ginkgo bilboa,alfalfa and my cross trainer then?

toby1973

Dislikes
Violence and racism
I mentioned Diabain to my Consultant today and he advised me to stay clear of such products there's another multivitimin called Daibetone aimed at diabetics, and my consultants say these are just items made just to make money out of people who are diabetic.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
MCMLXXIII said:
So stick to my cinnamon, gymnema silvestre,chromium, acai and maqui berry, african mango, flaxseed, wheatgrass, fenugreek, milk thistle,bilberry, ginkgo bilboa,alfalfa and my cross trainer then?

Simply stick to what ever you feels does it for you and steer well clear from highly priced blends of who-knows-what. As far as I know, there are no 'magic' ingredients or blends of ingredients for diabetes other than the much tried and tested and well recognised treatments. I seem to keep a fairly tight control and feeling of well being with my NHS scripted meds and a spot of diet self control with my lowish carbing.

AliB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Although this was posted back in January, I wanted to respond.

I have never taken this product, but I did take Vitabase Blood Sugar Fomula that I had sent over from the US, for a while. I found that fantastic for lowering and regulating my blood sugar. I only stopped because funds got too tight to keep going with it, sadly.

The Diabain product appears to contain very similar ingredients, maybe a bit less than the Vitabase, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be worth a try. At just under £10 per month (current price) it is cheaper than some other products on the market, and probably wouldn't be unaffordable for most.

Some of these 'snake oil' products do actually work. What a shame they aren't provided by the NHS, they might just work out in some cases to be far more cost effective and beneficial than the current drugs that are doled out. Of course, if the 'snake oil' remedies were repackaged as a financially lucrative drug and doled out on the NHS, they would not longer remotely be considered to be 'snake oil'.

Believe it or not, there are very good medical doctors around the World who do use 'snake oil' remedies and find them to be very beneficial for their patients. Medical Doctors in Germany regularly use St. John's Wort to treat mild to medium cases of depression. I am sure if Gymnema Sylvestre didn't work, it wouldn't have been used for Diabetes for thousands of years. Just because the NHS would rather waste millions on pharmaceutical drugs, doesn't take away the fact that natural remedies that have been used for thousands of years (but that are not patentable) can also be just as, and even more so in some cases, effective (and without the horrible side-effects that often accompany the drugs).

It seems that the responses have come from people who have never tried this product themselves, so have no right to take on the role of judge and jury.

I am sorry MCMLXXIII that the only responses you received were so negative and judgemental. That should not be what this forum is about. I hope it didn't put you off coming here.

Ali. (I don't come here very often myself because of the judgemental attitudes of some).

PS. Toby1973. So your Consultant isn't making money out of Diabetics then? His income isn't dependent on them? He is handsomely paid to help those with Diabetes, he doesn't do it for nothing. If a 'snake oil' remedy does actually benefit a Diabetic, does that make the manufacturer into an extortioner? Can a Consultant morally act as judge and jury about a product he has never actually utilised?

Of course there are bad or ineffective natural remedies out there, just like there are bad or ineffective Doctors. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating, at the end of the day. You cannot condemn every remedy just because some don't work (or don't work for some people), just like you can't condemn every Doctor or Consultant because of the ones that are rogue.