Diabetes and Tendonitis

arniemouse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I have tendonitis in my biceps (upper arm) which I have had for ages but recently I have developed it in my lower arm too (commonly called tennis elbow) and I think its now also beginning in my right Achilles tendon!
I read recently it can be a problem with type 2 diabetes?
My GP said he could inject the tennis elbow with steroids which would be ok.
But have been reading about the Achilles tendonitis and there are all sorts of complicated things like plaster and night splints suggested? Has anyone had anything that they were given?
Does anyone know if I should go back to GP and ask to see someone orthopaedic or rheumatology (who does tendons anyway??)

On a completely frivolous note I think I might try for one of the other 2 tendonitis options with the wonderful names of 'housemade's knee (pretty self explanatory) or even better 'weavers bottom' (I jest not)!!

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A physiotherapist might be of more help. At least that's my experience.

Chrissy8

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I have tendonitis in my biceps (upper arm) which I have had for ages but recently I have developed it in my lower arm too (commonly called tennis elbow) and I think its now also beginning in my right Achilles tendon!
I read recently it can be a problem with type 2 diabetes?
My GP said he could inject the tennis elbow with steroids which would be ok.
But have been reading about the Achilles tendonitis and there are all sorts of complicated things like plaster and night splints suggested? Has anyone had anything that they were given?
Does anyone know if I should go back to GP and ask to see someone orthopaedic or rheumatology (who does tendons anyway??)

On a completely frivolous note I think I might try for one of the other 2 tendonitis options with the wonderful names of 'housemade's knee (pretty self explanatory) or even better 'weavers bottom' (I jest not)!!

I have had multiple issues all over my body...tenosynovitis, temporal mandibular joint dysfunction, symphony pubis disorder in pregnancy, knee pain for years that was never diagnosed, biceps tendinitis, rotator cuff (that was caused by calcific tendinitis) and yes for almost a year I've had Achilles issues ....going ketogenic has stopped the pain almost completely...I'm guessing because I'm less inflamed. I've had tests for all sorts of joint stuff including lupus. I've an under active thyroid that improves with no carbs and I tend to store iron but I don't know why.

Try keto