1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diabetes Clinic... [emoji848][emoji382]

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by 22nw22, Jul 14, 2018.

1. 22nw22

22nw22 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I only have four days until I have to go to the diabetic clinic. I hope they don’t re mention the Libre as funding for the reader has stopped. I hope they’re no longer funding the sensor and even better would be they haven’t done so AT ALL.
    I am way too used to blood glucose testing. I don’t even need a pump as I fidget. Maybe they’d consider it if I stayed still. I am happy with my insulin pens.

2. 22nw22

By that I mean cancelled funding

3. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Hi there - I don't think your team would force you to have the Libre or a pump, if you don't want it and especially if you're looking after your diabetes quite well.

4. 22nw22

I am not eligible, I would happily accept IF I was eligible but don't think I will ever be eligible. But I love y injections. (Not really) They are OK

5. 22nw22

6. DCUKMod

Apologies, I thought you were against pumps or CGM.

7. 22nw22

I am not against. It would just be hard for me to return to the Libre and to stay still. That's why I will probably not have a pump in my life. It might be a bit hard to adjust to a sensor with a bandage. My fingerpricks get me through perfectly fine

8. DCUKMod

Why do you feel you have to stay still when using the Libre? As I understand it, many folks have found it make their rexercise rrerregimes a bit easier, because they get mor einformation on what their bloods are doing.

9. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

So did I, must be old age as I am confused by @22nw22 contradictory statements in this thread. :wacky:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook